- I think the kids are slowly but surely settling into their new school. They seem happy when I pick them up in the afternoons - not happy that I'm picking them up, but happy with how their day went.
- Their school had early dismissal today for a teacher's meeting so we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. There were several other kids there from school. One was a boy in Peter's class. This little boy came running up to Peter and gave him a hug. Peter got a big goofy grin on his face and told me who the little boy was. That makes two friends for Peter that I know of! And as for Sarah, she seems to be friends with all of the girls in her class.
- The homework is killing me. We haven't quite found our groove yet and when I say "we" I mean Peter and Sarah. I don't do their homework for them but I make sure they do it. And making sure they do it feels like work to me - hard work! I just can't get them to understand that they spend more time whining and complaining about doing the homework than they actually spend doing it. It is maddening!
- I let Peter skip his allergy shot this week and I decided against paying him for each shot. I am considering changing the time we do the shots. We've been going on Wednesday right after his guitar lesson which means we don't end up getting home from school/guitar/shots until 5:00. That's a long day for the kids and that might be contributing to Peter's annoyance with the shots.
- I got a new camera for my birthday. It's a digital SLR camera so I've got a lot of things to learn. In studying about the camera, I have realized that I have gotten dumber as I have aged. Terms like f-stop, aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation are making my head swim. I have to read and reread and still find I'm not retaining the information. Luckily my camera has a full auto mode so I can still take decent pictures but the whole reason I got a digital SLR was so I could take really good pictures. It's just going to take me a while. I'll read a few pages, take a few shots with the camera and then realize that I don't remember what I just read.
- I just looked over and realized that I never cut the pineapple that I bought 5 days ago. I better whip out my Pampered Chef pineapple slicer and get that thing taken care. Mmmmm...fresh pineapple!
- I guess I better sign off before I start talking about the tomatoes that are sitting beside the pineapple that are also about to go bad. Rotten tomatoes and rotten pineapples...now that's the stuff riveting blog posts are made of!
- Here's a picture of my hopefully-not-spoiled-rotten fruit taken with my new camera:
May your weekend be full of ripe fruit and no homework!