photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Big Loser! (And not Biggest Loser. Which would be good because that means you are losing a bunch of weight!)

Yesterday I went to my first M.O.M meeting.  M.O.M. is Moms On a Mission and it is basically the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group that I used to be a member of but had to leave once I no longer had preschoolers.  The group is no longer chartered with MOPS International and is now doing their own thing.  And the first thing they have done is allowed Moms to stay until their kids turn 10! 

As I was sitting at the meeting with my group, our care group leader handed us a short questionnaire she had created just as a way to get to know each of us better.  One of the questions was "This year I want to learn how to ___________."

Typically this kind of question strikes me with fear because I don't ever have an answer.

Um, can we say "big loser" together? 

Anyway, for once I have an answer for this question because on my list of things to do this year, (and it's still a list even if there's only one thing on it, right?) is get a new camera and learn how to use it.

I have spent lots of time reading up on different cameras and I have finally picked out the one I want.  My birthday is next week so it will be a joint birthday gift from my parents and Dan. 

And it is a grown up camera.  It's finally time to put away my little Canon Power Shot Elph and move on to some thing that can take pictures I will be proud of.

And here's where the "learn something new" part comes in.  I am actually going to have to sit down with the manual and study it.   And try to remember what I have learned otherwise my pictures will still look like one of my kids took them.

Study.  Remember.  Learn. The urge to rush out and buy new school supplies just came over me! 

Heather, my care group leader, who also has a grown up camera recommended that I take classes at Ritz Camera.  And I may have to do that, but first, I want to give it a go with just me, my camera and my manual.

Class is in session! Let the new school year begin!  

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out how to answer  the very last question on the questionnaire - what is something we would be surprised to learn about you?

I left it blank because this kind of question strikes me with fear since I don't ever have an answer.

Um, can we say "big loser" together?

No comments: