photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, May 20, 2011

I'll be at the Walmarts later this afternoon getting an Icee. What about you?

1.  I just got back from my hair appointment.  I stood firm with highlights and a trim even though I saw Jennifer's cute short hair yesterday and loved it. 

My stylist said, "Welp (and yes, "welp"  is a word for those of you who don't live in the South.  I think it is a nice blend of "well" and "yep" - with"yep" being Southern for "yes"), looks like you are at the ends-flipping-up-stage."

And I said, "Yep.  Don't I know it."

And then she gave me a fresh coat of blonde paint and a tune-up and she sent me on my merry way.

2.  I'm in the middle of typing up a giant list of instructions for my mom - bedtimes, homework schedules, bus times, how to contact the teachers, foods they love, foods they hate, etc.  And no, it's not me being an over-controlling/over-protective parent, it's her being a super grandma and wanting to make sure she does it all right.  My feelings though, are that if they are both breathing when I return, her job has been done.  If they are both smiling when I return, her job has been well done. 

I fear, though, that they will be spoiled worse than they already are.  And she'll be the first to say it too. She has already told me a couple of times, "I don't won't them to be sad for one minute while you are gone and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make that happen."  Good thing the kids don't read this blog or they would be fake crying themselves all the way to Toys-R-Us every day.

3.  It looks like the weather in Northern Ireland next week will be typical Irish weather  - cloudy, partly sunny, rainy, partly sunny, rainy, rainy, cloudy...with highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s.  I have gotten quite used to my flip-flips this spring so it's going to be hard to go back to shoes, jeans and jackets....but, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.  Plus I bought a really cute yellow trench coat!

4.  Now that I think I know sort of what I'm going to pack for the trip, I need to figure out what I'm going to wear on the plane.  I know I've mentioned before that over the last year, I have turned into a little old granny that is cold all of the time and even though I'm wearing my flip-flops, I usually have a hoody on top of my short-sleeved shirt.   I have to be nice and toasty if I'm going to get any sleep on the red-eye flight.  So I'm trying to decide if  wearing a  sweat suit would be acceptable of if it would look like I've totally given up.

5.  What did we ever do without Google and YouTube?  I love that I can type into Google a random reference from a Seinfeld episode and 5 seconds later I can be watching it on YouTube.  Love it!

6.  I still miss Seinfeld. *sigh*  However, I think I love Modern Family just as much.  Although I don't think 10 years from now Dan and I will be throwing out random Modern Family quotes to see if the other can remember the scene and the episode.  Only time will tell...

7.  Peter has a play date with a friend after school.  And according to Sarah, "Oh, goody Mom!  You and I haven't had any time with just each other lately!"  She has already informed me that she wants me to paint her nails...only she just wants me to paint just the tips and not the whole nail.  I can guarantee that this fun mother/daughter activity will end in both of us yelling at each other.  Maybe we'll just go out for Icees instead.

Welp, have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments: