photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, May 6, 2011

Fridays bits and pieces...

It's Friday so that means it's time for bits and pieces.  With "bits and pieces" referring to posts that I've had swirling around in my mind all week but that just never formulated into a real post because I'm lazy.

1.  After reviewing a weeks worth of Royal Wedding recaps from around the globe, I think it is safe to say that my mom and I were the only people disappointed in Kate's gown.  It was very demure and sweet and regal but give me Pippa's dress any day!  In fact, my conspiracy theory is that Kate wanted to wear Pippa's gown  but the Queen Mum didn't approve.  So Kate did the next best thing and put Pippa in it.  Looking at Pippa in that dress makes me wish I was planning my wedding - and that I was about 4 inches taller and about 20 pounds lighter.  Because, if I was, I would be wearing that dress!

2.  Like the rest of the country, I was shocked and excited when I heard the news that the U.S. military had killed Osama bin Laden.  However, I wasn't jumping up and down and I couldn't quite put my finger on why until I read Jennifer Fulwiller's article.   God loved Osama bin Laden just as much as he loves me.  That's a hard concept to grasp and it's one I've been pondering all week.

3.  On a different OBL note, I kept accidentally calling him Obama bin Laden for the first day or so after the news broke.  Whoops!

4.  I am turning into such a little old lady.  It has been a really cool spring and for the last year or so, I have been cold - always cold.  I used to be what I considered hot-natured but now I'm just always cold. So I don't go anywhere without a jacket.  Sarah will want me to go outside to play with her.  She will  have on shorts and a tank top and I will be wearing pants and a jacket.  Next thing you know, I will have a rubber band on my wrist with a Kleenex tucked inside.  

5.  I enjoy checking Facebook to see what other people are up to.  I'm nosy so Facebook is perfect for me.  However, I am about to block certain people because all they ever do is complain.  I really don't need to know that someone I barely spoke to in high school and haven't seen since 1987 is so tired they can't go on.  Or hates mean people.  Or can't stand their job.  Or hates to do housework.  Or is about to do housework.  Or just woke up. Or is about to go to bed.  Come on people - excite me with someone once in a while!

6.  And by the way, I should let you know that if you are friends with me on Facebook, I will never ever tell you when I'm going to bed. Ever.

7.  That's enough for now.  I'm going to bed. 

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I kept calling him Obama bin Ladin, too!

Corey~living and loving said...

LOL number 6 and seven killed me. :)

oh and I am always in a parka when Sugar is in a tank top. I am freezing all the time, too.

Anonymous said...

oh sister, i KEPT saying "they killed obama." oy!!!
and i so with you on the facebook complaining thing.
happy mother's day, my friend. love you!

Laural Out Loud said...

Hair bands on the wrist to hold a piece of Kleenex = genius! My daughter is going to hate me...

bobbie said...

My husband keeps calling him Obama on accident too. I agree with what you said though. Obama was loved by God and had a chance to spend eternity with Him. It's sad that he missed that chance, no matter how evil he was.. hell is hell. He had a chance at heaven, that is sad.