photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, October 29, 2010

Not lazy. Weird.

This morning my husband opened the silverware drawer and asked, "Where are all the spoons?"

"I forgot to start the dishwasher last night," was my reply. "Just get one out of the dishwasher and wash it by hand."

A few minutes later I was shocked to notice my husband eating his oatmeal with a FORK. Oatmeal with a fork!

And no, it's not because he was too lazy to wash it.  Nope.  It's just because my husband is strange.

I have long known of my husband's issues regarding the things and people that touch his food.  He will not take a bite of something if I already have and don't even think about asking him to share something with one of the kids. That sends literal shivers down his spine.

If we go to a get together where food is being served buffet style, he will only eat food that I have made or that my mom has made.  Although I think he is slowly but surely starting to come around on that one now that he has gotten to know the rest of my extended family over that last fifteen years!

So, no, it's not laziness that forced my husband to use a fork to eat oatmeal.  He's just weird!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Yes - that is weird, but I have a friend whose husband is the same way, so you aren't alone!

Courtney said...

This made me laugh. My husband is the same way and ironically he grew up Baptist (so lots of southern church pot-lucks/covered dishes). He would always ask his mom and grandma which dishes they brought so he'd know what to eat and he would have to even get the container description just so he'd be sure, you know, when there's five cherry pies and four chicken casseroles you have to pick the right one!

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

I'm with your husband on the buffet food at get togethers! I only eat what I brought and my husband is the same way!

Laural Out Loud said...

My husband's not weird, he's lazy. I don't know how many times we've run out of silverware before I run the dishwasher(it just diappears and runs down my supply!) and find my husband eating with a spatula.