photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Full nest, full heart!

Ahhhhhh...my heart is happy!  My nest is full - for the moment and I am enjoying every minute of it!

On Thursday, Brad and Peter and I headed to Charlotte to move Sarah home for the summer.  Thanks to the big blue bags, we made quick work of it!  If you aren't using the big blue Ikea (or similar brands from Amazon) bags to move then you are doing it wrong.  These bags are life savers.  I purchased 8 of them before we moved Peter his freshman year and am not looking back.  You can pile/shove/cram so much stuff in these bags and they zip up and stack so well when they are full.  We don't even take clothes off of hangers.  We just fold them in half on the hanger and put into the miracle bag.  It makes moving a dream.  (Well, moving is never a dream but it definitely makes things run go much smoother.)


The obligatory empty dorm room photo.
 

On Friday, I helped Sarah sort out clothes from her closet and got rid of things she didn't wear any longer and helped her sort through the pile of stuff in the bonus room.  The pile of stuff being everything previously contained in said blue bags.

On Saturday, I had lunch with Jennifer at the Village Tavern. It was so nice to catch up with her. We've made a date to do it again in June!  

On Saturday evening, I put Peter in charge of the grill and as he cooked burgers, Sarah and I hung out with him and we listened to music.  It was such a beautiful evening, we ate outside.  It was so nice and the burgers were delicious.  And then around 8:00 PM, Dan got home from Ireland!!!!!  Finally, everyone was home.

I woke up to a nice little treat on Mother's Day...

Cards, flowers, and earrings! My first stop in the morning is always at the Keurig so they  put my cards and gifts there.  :)  

We went to Mass and then headed to my Mom's to celebrate Mother's Day with her. 


Me with my babies.

My mom with her babies.

Later that afternoon, Dan and I headed to Goose and the Monkey to enjoy an adult beverage and to catch up on all the things he had missed while being in Ireland.  

Yesterday was another busy day.  After I got groceries, I ran errands with Sarah.  We took a big bag of her castoffs to Plato's Closet to see if they would consign any of them.  They kept some of the items and we left with an extra $21.50 in our pockets and came back home with a bunch of the stuff they didn't want. I will try to list some of it on Poshmark and the rest will go to Goodwill. She also needed a few things - shoes to wear at the pool, sunscreen, socks, etc.. so we headed to Starbucks and Target.  Then we came home and finished sorting through all of her stuff and organizing it so that we don't have to do that in August when it's time to move her back.

And now it's a cloudy Tuesday.  I will hopefully getting in my 3 mile walk and catch up on laundry. It's funny how you don't mind laundry, errands, grocery shopping, and cooking when all your people are at home.   Peter heads back to Raleigh in two weeks and Dan heads to Ireland again soon so I am going to enjoy every last little chore and every moment spent together while everyone is home.💗 

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh Beth, I know your heart is bursting to have your family back where they belong! Enjoy it!

Pat Birnie said...

It is so wonderful when our kiddos are all back home. I truly know the feeling. Savour all the moments while you can!

Mari said...

Such a happy day to have both of your kids home! I know how happy that made you. Plus having Dan back! I bet your mom also had a great day!
I have a few of those IKEA bags, but wouldn't have thought to use them for moving. Brilliant!

Madeline said...

I love everything about this post! Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yay!! Everyone is in one place and that is so sweet.
What are these Big Blue Bags you speak of? I've never heard of them. Pictures, please!!
Happy belated Mother's day to you.

Billie Jo said...

Soooo happy for you! Your beautiful people are home sweet home! Enjoy!