photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, February 6, 2023

Quick weekend recap....

Dan made it home on time on Thursday evening and one of the first things he said was, "What's going on here?" when he glanced at my new bird feeder and bird bath.  Sorry, dear.  I'm a crazy bird lady now.


 

The next morning, he said, "I see we've regressed in regards to the throw pillow situation."

And to this I could only laugh out loud.  Like any woman, I love a bunch of throw pillows on the bed. Like any man, Dan doesn't appreciate their beauty and thinks the only purpose they serve is to make it hard to get into the bed at night and make it hard to make up the bed in the morning.  Since he is the one who typically makes up the bed in the morning, I removed all the throw pillows to make him happy.  I did keep two pillows with shams on them so that at least the bed looked "finished".

Well, while he was in Ireland, I cleaned out the linen closet and found a throw pillow that I had forgotten about and placed it lovingly on our bed.   Dan, who doesn't typically notice things around the house, noticed it immediately.  But it's just one little old pillow so I'm hoping it doesn't cause him too much stress when he's making up the bed. :)

Peter came home for the weekend!  Apparently a lot of his friends were going home as well so he decided it was the perfect time for a visit since there wouldn't be anything going on.  We had a lovely time.

Friday night was very cold but he wanted a fire in the fire pit so we obliged.  On Saturday he and Dan and my brother ran some errands and got lunch together and then we went to Mass Saturday night. After Mass we tried a new burger joint in Winston, Heff's Burger Club. While it was good, it still doesn't beat our favorite, Nick's

On Sunday, we had lunch at mom's and my uncle was able to join us! We haven't seen him since before Christmas.  He was sick right after Christmas, and then my mom got sick, and next thing you know - it's February. It was good to see him and since Peter was home, the table felt full for a change! 

I made a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting from scratch using the recipe on the back of the Hershey Cocoa box.  It was so good! 

It was easy to make and just as the  name suggests, it was perfectly chocolate!

That's it for now.  Check back later this week for more bird pictures... 


6 comments:

mbmom11 said...

That's the chocolate cake recipe I use too! It comes out great every time. The only variation I do is use hot water for the frosting instead of milk. I like the taste better; the hot water helps blend the cocoa more smoothly.
Enjoy your birds!

Mari said...

I'm laughing out loud reading this. Bob would say the same about the pillows. Poor Dan, married to a crazy bird lady who also likes pillows! :)

Madeline said...

Sometimes we stress ourselves out looking for recipes and companies are like "Hey! Over here, I am really good!" My oatmeal cookie recipe is the one from the Quaker Oats lid. (I swap chocolate chips for raisins but the base cookie is the same.)

You rock those throw pillows and bird feeders!

Billie Jo said...

Ha! I have become a bird lady too!!!!! It must be the age! And throw pillows! Why are there so many everywhere? And why are they all so cute??? I used to have so many more, but would you believe I spent a significant amount of time every day picking them up off the floor! No one else appreciated them as much as I did. So now, like you, we are throw pillow minimalists. So glad your boy came home and you had a lovely weekend. Hugs!

Ernie said...

That sounds like a fun weekend. He has a tendency to put the pillows in shams on my side of the bed when he goes to bed - usually before me. Then I tiptoe in the room and have to unburry my side of the bed and feel around for the pillows that I actually sleep with. I took the tots to the zoo yesterday and we had a freaky bird encounter. In an exhibit with free flying birds, one landed on the 18 month old's head. She freaked out. Justifiably.

Busy Bee Suz said...

How sweet that Peter came home! I didn't know there was a recipe on the Hersheys container: Mind blown.
DAN MAKES THE BED? If I don't make it, no one does. Ever. Which is fine...but I'd probably fall over iff I came in and the bed was made and I didn't do it. I've gotten rid of all my throw pillows on the bed and we only have our pillows and two shams. Much easier.
I see the cardinals found you!