photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, December 22, 2022

He's on his way! (And I don't mean Santa.)

For the last two weeks, Dan has been in Ireland for work.  So even though my babies came home, he has been gone.  BUT!  He is currently on a plane home and hopefully will be home late tonight if all goes well!

I have purchased and wrapped all presents...although there are two more still to be delivered.  One will most likely not make it so a wrapped picture of the gift will have to suffice.  

I always love memes like this one because they are so accurate:

Well, at least they are accurate in this household!  :)

The kids are missing Dan but they have been keeping busy.  Peter and his friends went bowling one night and then to see the Festival of Lights at Tanglewood another night and he's been doing some work to earn a little extra money.  He's also been watching football and basketball games online as well as playing video games with friends.  He also had a dentist appointment, an allergist appointment and today will get his truck inspected.  

Sarah spent the weekend with her boyfriend's family at their lake house so they could get to know her and last night the two of them went to dinner, saw the lights at Tanglewood and exchanged presents.  And mostly she's just enjoying having no schoolwork to do!

Speaking of school work:  I'm proud to report that Sarah made the Chancellor's list (straight A's baby!) and Peter made the Dean's List!  So very proud of these two kiddos.  💓  I know I've mentioned it before but I still constantly ask for the intercessory prayers of St. Joseph of Cupertino.  Praying for my kids as they are studying and working hard at school is the one thing (the main thing!) I can do to help them.

I joined my mom and my aunt and uncle and we toured Korner's Folly.  It was decorated for Christmas and was so beautiful.  Then we enjoyed a delicious lunch at J. Pepper's.  It was so nice to get to spend time with them!

 

It's such a cold and dreary day here.  I'm finishing my third cup of coffee and I think it's finally time to get those last couple of gifts wrapped, those last couple of errands run, and get started on some food items I'm serving on Christmas Eve.

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!



2 comments:

Ernie said...

Do you ever go with Dan when he has to work in Ireland? My dad used to do an audit in England at his last job before retirement and my mom went with him every June for 2 or 3 weeks. She loved walking into the little town.

Sounds like you have everything under control on the homefront/shopping. That meme is very relatable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You guys have been so busy....and you have been holding down the fort very well!
Without fail, my husband is always surprised on Christmas day.