photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Considering it took me a week and a half to write, there's not much here....

***Editor's Note: I started writing this blog post last week trying to be a good blogger and yet here we are on Wednesday and I'm just finishing it up!  Oh well!***

It has been so rainy and dreary here all week.  Looks like the weekend will be the same but there's hope for some sun on Monday! And the kids will both be home for Christmas at some point next week (hopefully by Wednesday) so things are looking up!

I'm still Christmas shopping but I hope to have that all wrapped up ("wrapped up" meaning purchased, absolutely nothing will be wrapped) by next week.  

On Tuesday, my Care Group celebrated Christmas.  We ordered food in and talked and unwrapped presents.  It was like Christmas morning!

I'm the one unintentionally hiding in the back!  :)

It was brought to my attention by my blogging friend Suz, that I had a  typo in my last post.  I meant to say that I have to wear the Invisalign 20-22 hours per DAY not per WEEK.  Thank you, Suz! It takes a village to keep me on my blogging toes!

Speaking of Invisalign... I had my first follow-up appointment this week and I got the rest of my trays.  I also got some adorable little knobs glued to each of my teeth so that the trays able to apply more pressure to my teeth to get them to move.  While this may be beneficial for getting my teeth to move, now it really feels like I have braces because I can always feel these little knobs and when the tray is in my mouth it definitely looks like something is on my teeth.  You know how kids are always moving their lips over their teeth when they first get their braces?  Well, that's me now.  Hopefully the constant lip movement will cease once I get used to them.  I will hopefully be done with this by September.  But don't worry - I will not be talking about my teeth in every single blog post.  

*****Here's where last week's post ended and now we are current.****

I feel like we are back in current time, I should update that I did almost complete my shopping but you know how when you are wrapping you realize you forgot something or meant to get something else?  Yeah - that's where we are now.  But there's still 10 days until Christmas Eve so I'm feeling pretty good about everything.

 Our garden is still producing!  On a whim earlier in the fall, Dan planted beets and carrots! There's still quite a few of them out there and I just head outside and grab some when I'm making dinner and need a side.  

In other food news, I had a bag of Brussels sprouts in the fridge wasting away.  I like them but no one else does (and in our empty nest phase, the "no one else" is Dan). So I decided to throw them in the food processor and then I put them in the skillet with some olive oil, balsamic, dried cranberries, and bacon bits and used them as a base for my salmon.  It was really good and I will definitely make this again for lunch!

What's everyone watching on Netflix or HBO Max?  I need some suggestions.  Has anyone watched White Lotus?  What are your thoughts? 


1 comment:

Madeline said...

So so so so dreary here too! I feel that in my bones. How neat your garden is still producing, I bet it's delicious.