photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Tuesday was an early and long day!

I made it!  Tuesday was election day and capped off 2 and a half weeks of 12 hour days.  Whew!  Early voting is not for the faint of heart.  Thankfully though, this election was much calmer than in 2020. We weren't nearly as busy which, while less stressful, made the longs days pass by more slowly.  But I worked with a really nice bunch of retirees and my friend Christy so we had fun.

Tuesday the polls were open from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM and we had to arrive by 6:00 and we had to take down all the equipment after the voting so it was a very long day.  

I addition to what was already going to be a long day, Peter started his summer job on Tuesday morning and had to be in Kernersville by 5:00 AM!  Thankfully one of my election day workers always makes a giant pot of coffee each morning at the election site.  I had four cups on Tuesday!

Peter was up at 4:00 on Tuesday and I'm a light sleeper and had to be up early also, so I got up at the same time he did.  He was sweet enough to pose for this photo before he left.  If you zoom in on  the time on the stove clock it reads 4:24 AM.  

Peter did not get back home from work on Tuesday until 7:00.  That's a long day!  But I don't think all of his work days will be that long.

He's working for a company that manages road construction zones. On his first day the crew had to head to Rocky Mount (two hours from Kernersville) and put out safety cones.  Then they had to monitor them throughout the day to make sure they stayed in place and also move them as necessary. Then when the construction job was completed that afternoon, they had to remove the cones.  Even though it was a long day, there was a lot of down time.

Yesterday he worked at the shop filling sand bags for an upcoming project  and did a safety/training video on how to work the stop and go signs at a road construction site. Thankfully he didn't have to be at work until 7:00. He hasn't quite adjusted his sleep schedule yet - he's still in the stay up late, wake up late mode.  

I'm not sure what he's doing today but I look forward to hearing about it at dinner tonight.  I think he's regretting not getting more of a part-time job but this place literally hired him on the spot, the pay is good, and there is plenty of work available.  And as a bonus, he's working with a friend so that makes it a little more fun! 

I'm trying to get caught up on all the things that were left undone for the last two weeks: bills, laundry, errands, cleaning etc.  Welllllllll,  I'm not sure how much cleaning I'll do today because I'm beginning to beleive that dirt and dust add to the character of a home! :)


Gigi said...

I am IMMEDIATELY adopting the "I'm beginning to believe that dirt and dust add to the character of a home" mantra! Particularly, since The Husband is home ALL the time now. He's kind of like the Pigpen character in Charlie Brown. The clutter and mess just follow him around.

Mari said...

That was an early start for both of you and a very long day for Peter. If that keeps up, he'll make good money this summer, and be ready to go back to school in the Fall to get some rest.

Busy Bee Suz said...

WOW. You must be whooped. You did good! I love that Peter has such a great job for the summer. Although, being a mom it sounds a bit dangerous to me. (the irony, says the mom of a police officer!) I hope he makes gobs of money and the time passes quickly and safely.