photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Webs, trees, pies, fire. The normal fall things....

It's been pretty quiet around here lately.  The weather has been beautiful. I love the September blue skies and the cool mornings and the warm afternoons!

Last week we woke up to three large spider webs in the backyard.  I tried to get some good pictures of them but this was the best I could do:





 

The spider that made them was no where to be seen (thank goodness) and they were gone by early afternoon.  It was windy that day so maybe they blew away?

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but Dan loves them so I made a frittata the other night.  It was tasty, cheap, and easy to make so I will probably put this in the regular rotation. This one had cheese, bacon,  tomatoes, and basil in it. 

Here's a picture of my favorite tree on a foggy morning. The oak tree that Dan started from an acorn (from a tree in his front yard in Wellesley) is getting so big it's starting to block the shot!


And this one always looks lovely in the fog as well:

It was cool enough on Saturday evening that we were able to have our first fire of the season. 


I made a lemon meringue pie last weekend.  Sarah insisted that she wanted one because she loves meringue.  (Which I questioned because I'm not even sure she has ever had it.) I loathe meringue but I always aim to please when making Sunday dessert so I gave her what she wanted.  


 

The pie was delicious but the meringue tasted just like meringue. BLECH!  I think it's a texture issue for me.  Turns out, Sarah had never had a meringue pie and also DOES NOT LIKE meringue.  Next time I will make the base and just add fresh whipped cream because the lemon part was excellent!

And that's about all that's been going on around here. 






2 comments:

Mari said...

Wow! You have some awesome photos here! Those spider webs are so cool. And you got some good photos. I know how hard they can be to get a picture of. I am a hug fan of misty mornings and those tree pics are beautiful.
You don't like meringue? Crazy! I'll take the pie. :)

Madeline said...

Those are awesome pictures of the webs!!! I am not a huge fan of meringue either! Happy Fall!