photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, March 26, 2020

The dream.

The sun came out yesterday afternoon so Sarah and I went for a long walk.  It was 65 degrees with a little breeze blowing - perfect for a 40-minute walk! (I did that instead of an online workout.  You all knew I wasn't going to do an online workout, right?  I think I'm scarred from all those years of doing Jillian Michael's 30 Minute Shred.  I was in the best shape of my life though while doing that program.)

I had a strange dream last night.  The kids and I were in the car on our way somewhere we've never been so I wasn't exactly sure how to get where we were going.  Everything was fine until it immediately turned pitch black and started raining and the wind was blowing.  (If you know me then you know one of the things I hate most in life is driving in the dark and in the rain to someplace I've never been before.  For me, this is the stuff that nightmares are made of.)

As soon as the darkness and the rain and wind came, I could not stop the car or slow it down.  All I could do was turn the steering wheel to keep it on the road. It was almost like being on a horrible roller coaster the car was going so fast.  I had zero control.  All I could do was hang on to the steering wheel and try to keep the car on the road.

The whole time, I was praying out loud "God, save us!  God, save us!"  I repeated this prayer over and over until almost as quickly as the darkness, the rain, and the wind started, it stopped.  It was daylight again, I could see where I was going and I could control the car and we were all fine.

My prayers turned to praise and thanksgiving and then I woke up.

I laid in bed thinking that this nightmare was actually my current reality thanks to the Coronavirus.  Everything was fine one minute and then out of the blue the world turned upside down and I no longer had control over anything. (Or perceived control, anyway.)

Just like in my dream, all I can do is pray and beg God to save us (our country, the sick, the economy, Dan's job, my sanity...) and just try to keep the car on the road.  I'm hoping that just like in the dream the darkness, rain, and wind will leave us quickly and things will get back to normal.  Wishful thinking, maybe?  But miracles do happen!

And now on a lighter note, I made the kids banana chocolate chip muffins this morning and they turned out great.  Aren't they pretty?




2 comments:

Ernie said...

I have been having crazy dreams lately. In one dream I was helping someone tie their boat down (have NEVER done this) and a storm came alone and I was flying above the trees holding on to the corner of a tarp. The other two people were underwater apparently and I told them good thing I was up in the air and not under the water because I was asleep. Bananas!

Those muffins look like something out of a magazine!

Madeline said...

That is an intense dream. I am glad you can place it as your subconscious working through the situation.

Your muffins look great!