photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, September 2, 2010

More talk of plaid.

Sarah was excited to wear her new purple and pink plaid shorts.  They came with a matching cloth belt in the belt loops but I removed it while I was removing all of the tags.  I didn't want the belt to get in her way while she was using the bathroom at school.  (They have a very limited time in there and I want her doing her business - not struggling to untie a belt.)

After Sarah got dressed she said, "I wish I had a belt that matched this."  And she looked at me questioningly, almost as if to say, "What did you do with my belt, Mother!"

So I told her that a belt had come with the shorts but I didn't want her to wear it because I was afraid she would have a hard time getting it unknotted and reknotted during her bathroom breaks.

She thought for a minute and said, "I don't care!  I want to wear it on top of my shirt. I saw one of the teachers wearing a belt on top of her shirt and that's what I'm going to do."

When I was shopping on Tuesday and noting all of the fall fashion trends, I saw lots of shirts and sweaters with belts that were meant to be worn over the top of them.

Sarah had made up her mind. Even though I didn't want to, I helped her tie the belt over her shirt. "Oh, this looks so goofy," I kept thinking to myself.  But she was adamant.  So I let my baby go proudly off to school looking like a pink and purple plaid Karate Kid. 

And go she did.  Oh, to be as confidant with myself and my looks as this one is.  I want to be just like her when I grow up!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Go Sarah Go, glad she is so confident within herself. She is very cute, and purple is my favorite color.

Avery & Hailey said...

My oldest wore black ankle boots with shorts until we told her they didn't fit anymore and they were too hot in the summer. Yes, to be that confident! I hope they stay that way.