photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Painting and scouts and more scouts!

Is it Tuesday already?  And how can Thanksgiving be on Thursday???

We had a nice weekend.  On Saturday we went to Greensboro for Peter's basketball game.  He did great!  He scored 4 baskets and got quite a few rebounds.  This is huge for Peter because even though he's tall for his age, he's not a basketball player at heart and normally tries to stay out of the action.  His true love lies in history, geography, and political science.  And video games.  But he had a great game on Saturday so we are just going to enjoy that and hope he's able to do it again at the next game.

We had a very late lunch of his choice...Mexican and then headed home where we proceeded to do not much of anything.  Although, I am trying to paint an old bedroom set and that seems to be taking up a lot of my free time.  I miss my painting partner. 

Speaking of painting!  The painters arrived on Friday morning at 8:30 to paint the trim downstairs.  A crew of between 3 and 4 guys worked until 5:15 with only a 30 minute lunch break and then 3 guys came back on Saturday for 4 hours.  They did a great job and I am very, very pleased with their work!  There is no way I could have done that by myself so it was totally worth the price.  Since it's trim work however, I'm the only one that will notice it!  But that's okay - especially since I'm the one that's here all the time.

On Sunday evening Peter had Confirmation class.  While he was off doing that, Sarah and I enjoyed some Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks. 







We passed the time by taking quite a few photos and then headed to Walgreens where Sarah tried to convince me she needed every hair product available.  That girl loves  her hair products!  And then she was up until 1:00 trying to go to sleep thanks to the caffeine!  I however fell asleep pretty easily because I'm old!

Last night Peter's Boy Scout troop ran the concession stand at the Cub Scouts raingutter regatta.  He earned service hours toward his next rank advancement.  I remember the good old days when he was a cub scout and he was racing the boats...

2009
2010
2011
2012
2013

And now I'm dropping his off at the door and telling him I'll be back in three hours and to work hard!   That little boy from 2009 is growing up! 

And while Peter was at Boy Scouts, Sarah was at Girl Scouts.  Her troop put together boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  I used to do that with the kids when they were little and we haven't done it in a while.  Sarah and I went shopping one afternoon while Peter was at a birthday party.  We had a great time picking out things for the shoe box.  I hope the recipient loves lip balm and sparkles because it seems like everything she picked out had sparkles! 

And here's a picture of her troop dropping off their shoe boxes...


And with that, I'm out!  The kids have a half day today and I've got quite a few errands to run this morning!

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad your trim looks awesome!!

Billie Jo said...

You are raising awesome children, Beth!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Yay for a finished paint job. : )

Madison said...

YUM! I would love a Peppermint Mocha right now! p.s. I have a problem with hoarding hair products too :-)