photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, November 3, 2016

The zoo!

Yesterday I was a driver/chaperone for the 7th grade class field trip to the N.C. Zoo in Asheboro.

I typically don't like to drive for field trips.  There are some parents that love to go on field trips but I'm not one of them.  But they were short on drivers so I drove!

It was a great day to go to the zoo.  It was sunny and the high for the day was 80.  However, most of the walking paths are in the shade so  it was very comfortable all day.

The N.C. Zoo is on 550 acres and by the time I got home last night, I felt as if I had walked every one of them.

We arrived at the zoo around 9:15 and left at 2:00.  We sat down for 20 minutes to eat lunch but the entire rest of that time we were walking or standing.  After we got back to the school I had a PTO board meeting and then I waited in the gym for Peter to finish basketball practice.  As I was waiting on Peter my legs started aching and all I could think was, "I need an Advil.  STAT!"  And then I realized that a couple of the kids from the field trip were finishing up their two hour basketball practice and I felt like a wimp.  A real OLD wimp.

As soon as we got home, I downed an Advil and relaxed like the old lady that I am and the kids were on their own to fix dinner because while I was looking at the elephants, I got a call from Dan saying that he was on his way to the airport to go to Seattle for a few days.  The night before, he had gotten a text saying he would probably have to go and sure enough, he had to leave work yesterday, pack and bag and hop on a flight. Good times.

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday.

Margaret, Gabi, and Sarah

Sarah and Brooke



The whole class!


I got to hang out with these girls all day. 


They insisted on a goofy picture!


It was a fun day but I'm glad to be at home resting today.  :)



2 comments:

Madeline said...

What a fun zoo day! Glad you got some time to spend with a bunch of gals, and seeing some elephants isn't a bad way to spend a day. Boo to a nearly surprise trip for Dan!

Kelli said...

Sounds fun! I enjoy going on field trips..it a fun way to get to know other kids in the class.