photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, November 17, 2016

They can't get here fast enough....

I can't believe I'm about to type this but....

I can not wait for my glasses to be ready.

Yep.  I said it.  I've been ready for  a while to start wearing them but I told the doctor that I wanted to order more contacts so that I could go back and forth  until I felt really ready to wear glasses full time. 

Vanity, thy name is Beth.

In our discussions, I mentioned that I was tired of my distance vision being blurry and that I was always reaching for my reading glasses.  She said that I would most likely notice an improvement in glasses over contacts because I have an astigmatism in both eyes and that can't be corrected with contacts. And then she asked if since I was wearing my reading glasses all the time anyway, would I like her to change my contacts prescription?

Apparently, when you start to need bifocals and you are wearing contacts, your eye doctor can under-correct your distance so that your up close vision is clearer.  And that's what she's been doing and that's why my distance vision is always a little blurry. 

My response was a hearty, "Heck yes!!!"

And I've been wearing the new contacts for the last few days and y'all, my distance vision is fabulous but my close up vision is horrible!  I have basically been wearing my reading glasses around the house like they were regular glasses because nothing I am trying to see within 3 feet of my face is clear.   So I might as well be wearing real glasses full time. 

I know it's going to be an adjustment with the bifocals once I get them and I hope I can get used to them pretty quickly. I remember when Dan got his he moaned and complained about them for a week or so and then all of a sudden he was fine with them.   

And at this point, I don't even remember what the glasses I ordered look like.  So when they finally come in, we will all be surprised with my new look! 

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Oh gosh. I can't wait to see them! Christopher's little friend who just moved had bifocals and it was super hard to get the 4-year-old to use them properly. I am hoping you have a short learning curve and then they make all the difference for you.

Pam said...

I have worn no lines for about 14 years and I love them. Every new set of glasses come with an adjustment period with lots of head bobbing and turning but then my eyes and brain adjusts and I can just see. It's weird at first but then it's just normal. Excited to see your new glasses! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I know you're going to love them after a few days. I had issues with going up/down steps for a while with mine, but I got over it.
Of course now, it's all good in the hood since I had the laser correction. :) I can't wait to SEE what you picked out....and vanity schmanity-glasses are kinda cool now!