photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, March 7, 2014

7QT

It's Friday.  So, that means it's time for 7 Quick Takes!

1.  The kids hopped in the car on Wednesday, excited to tell me all about what they were giving up for Lent.  We had been talking about it but they had yet to make any decisions.  Their teachers had them write down their sacrifices so they had to commit in school.

Peter informed me that he was giving up his computer time.  (Not his iPod but the actual computer.)  I thought this was a bad idea because that boy loves his computer time (and I know where he gets that!).

Sarah informed me that she was giving up ice cream and candy.  Girl friend loves her ice cream and candy (and I know where she gets that!).

Around 6:00 Peter called to me in a small voice and said, "I don't think I can give up the computer."  And I chuckled because that is a huge sacrifice for him and one that I didn't think he had fully thought through.  "I had to write something down in class and that's the first thing that came to mind," he said meekly.

I told him to choose something different and perhaps he could try to give up the computer next year.  He decided no Doritos and no ice cream until Easter.

So healthy children all around by Easter!

2. Sarah had a sleepover on Saturday.  It was to celebrate the birthday of one of her friends from school.  She was so excited because there were going to be 6 girls there.  (Better that mom than me!)

We went to Hip Chicks (a really cute local boutique) to pick out the present.  Sarah chose a small pink sequined purse and wanted to fill it with lots of goodies.  She chose three cute little bracelets and a little frame that said "Friends Forever" and that maxed out the budget. Hip Chicks is cute but it can be a little pricey.  I did pick up some super cheap lip gloss and nail polish to fill out the purse.  And a pack of pink and white Tic Tacs as well.

The theme to the party was the Minions from Despicable Me.  So sorry decided to make her friend a Minion bracelet on the Rainbow Loom.  She found a tutorial on You Tube and went to work.  And it turned out so cute!  And of course, we put it in the purse and wrapped it before I could even think to take a picture.

3.  Sarah also made a card for her friend which I did manage to get a picture of because sometimes I remember I have a blog:


4.  The kids start track practice this week.  I am the assistant to the track coach which is competely different than assistant track coach.  (And whenever I say "assistant to the track coach" I immediately feel like Dwight Shrute who was assistant to the regional manager...which is total different than assistant regional manager just ask Michael Scott. Oh, how I miss that show!)

However, I just learned yesterday that the children of the assistant to the track coach don't have to pay track fees!  So all my hard work will pay off in the end!  Or not require me to pay out, anyway.

5.  And speaking of school...I just finished putting together the 4th Grade Class Auction Basket. Isn't she pretty?  It's called Merlot and Van Gogh - An Art Basket for Grown Ups.


It contains three bottles of nice wine, wine glasses, wine tags, wine stoppers, a wine ice rod and all sorts of other wine accessories that I don't even know how to use because, well, just pass me a beer!

The basket also contains a gift certificate to Merlot and VanGogh which is a local BYOB paint-your-own-masterpiece studio.  I think it would be a fun date night or a great girl's night out place. And in keeping with the art/alcohol theme, there is also a paint set that includes water colors, brushes, a canvas, and an easel for those that want to paint and drink at home! 

6. I found a Facebook page for parents of Trisomy 18 babies so I joined it.  The nice thing about this page is that many of the members have babies with Trisomy 18 that are living.  Reading about these babies is such a nice change of pace from all the other things I've found on the internet about T18 babies.  It's nice to know that there are babies out there with T18 that are living for months, even years.  Of course, they are all living with major disabilities and issues.  But, I am trying to focus on the fact that they are living and I can tell from all the parents that post on this page, these kids are bringing them JOY!

7.  Dan is heading out of town on Sunday for a quick business trip.  He will be in Ireland until Wednesday night.  Please pray that this baby stays put and in place until April 10th.  I don't want to see her before then and I certianly don't want her to make her grand debut while Dan is out of the country!

8.  And a bonus take - I wrote these yesterday and it's a good thing. We got an ice storm last night so no power for us today. It's only 8:30 and the kids are already starting with "I'm booooooorreeed." It has the makings of a long cold day.

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Oh...that basket, Beth!!!
Awesome!!!
Have a cozy weekend...prayers continue your way, my friend. : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

Whenever my kids stated they were bored, a broom and mop were placed in their hands. :)
I love the basket; I want!!!
I laughed at your assistant to assistant….gosh I TOO miss that show! I follow Dwight (Rainn Wilson) on twitter and he still makes me laugh everyday.
Stay warm!!

Mary Therese said...

Your basket looks lovely! Also just realized this week that Rick Santorum's daughter has T18 as well. I don't know how old she is, or truthfully if she is still living, but when he was running for President she was about 4 I think