photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, October 27, 2013

WIWS: The Stitch Fix Edition

Joining up with the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for another addition of What I Wore Sunday.

In very early August, before I found out I was pregnant, I signed up for Stitch Fix.  If you've been living under a rock (or don't read a lot of blogs) and don't know what Stitch Fix is, I'll clue you in.

Stitch Fix is a website where you create a user profile by answering some questions about your fashion style, pay $20, and then excitedly wait for the mail man to deliver a beautifully packaged box to your door containing 5 items that were chosen just for you from your personal stylist based on your profile.

You try on the 5 items, keep what you love (and pay for it, and your $20 fee is deleted from any items you purchase), send back what you don't love (in a postage paid envelope) and sign up for another fix.

Each item comes with a style card that includes tips on how to dress the item up or down.

I tore into my first Stitch Fix delivery and everything was too dressy for my taste.  I didn't want to lose $20 so I decided I could probably make this silky black and white polka dotted shirt work with something.  I kept it in my closet waiting for cooler weather.

After every shipment you receive from Stitch Fix, you go online and tell them what you are keeping and what you are sending back.  You also get to rate every item and include comments.  I gave them my comments and made some changes to my profile and anxiously awaited my next order.  (I decided to get one more order even though I was pregnant because it was so much fun getting a surprise package in the mail!)

The next Fix came and I only ended up keeping a necklace.  I was already too pregnant at the time to look good in anything they sent and I really didn't feel like holding on to a bunch of items until next spring (and with the amount of weight I've already gained, I won't be able to fit into my normal size for a long time after the baby arrives).

So back all those items went (with the exception of a necklace) and I sadly suspended my Stitch Fix shipments indefinitely. 

I've already decided that when I get back down to my normal weight after the baby arrives, I am going to treat myself to another package from Stitch Fix.



Shirt:  Stitch Fix
Pants: Motherhood Maternity
Shoes: Kohls
Necklace: Charming Charlies
Extra Large Thighs:  Courtesy of eating almost two very large cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory.  Not cheesecake slices, entire cheesecakes!  Y'all this baby is making me hungry!!!

Check out all the other Sunday styles at Fine Linen and Purple.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Babies are supposed to make you hungry!! Please accept my congratulations on this new little miracle. i am just now getting back into the internet swing so I missed the big announcement. So sorry I am late to the party.

I love the blouse and the necklace. I need to lose a little more weight to join in on the StitchFix craze. I think I may investigate GwennieBee though which is the plus Size version. Such a great service.

Have an awesome week my friend and thank you for all of your prayers, love and encouragement these last few months. You are the BEST!!

Courtney said...

You're so cute!

I'm still on the fence about Stitch Fix. I haven't taken the plunge and signed up yet because I'm hesitant to waste the money. I am VERY picky about what I feel comfortable wearing. But that shirt is so darn cute that it makes me reconsider...

Congrats again on your pregnancy!

Mari said...

I love the blouse and necklace. I never heard of Stitch Fix, but it sounds like fun!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've not heard of the stitch pix before; pretty interesting and fun.
I love the polka dot shirt. Actually we say Poker dot around here because my MIL is from Boston. LOL!
I don't blame you about the cheesecake...these are tough times to diet. Enjoy!

Erica Saint said...

I think the blouse looks great on you! :)
Cheesecake, yum!

Annery said...

"Extra large" made me laugh...you look beautiful. Love the necklace :)

Billie Jo said...

Looking awesome my friend!

And thanks for the tip...I have never heard of it. Being that I have an aversion to actual shopping, this may be the ticket for me. ; )

Have a wonderful week, my friend.

Jessica said...

You look radiantly beautiful! And I think your legs look great! Signed, Stumpy Fat Thighs