photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, October 13, 2013

WIWS: The paisley tent and mini-skirt edition.

Linking up with all the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for another round of What I Wore Sunday.

I've been struggling in the wardrobe department lately thanks to the little bambino I'm toting around.  He/She has caused me to probably double my caloric intake each day, thus causing not only my stomach to grow but literally ever other part of me as well.  My butt, y'all?  It's never ever been as big as it now. 

My increased size means that I basically don't fit into any of my regular clothes any longer but at only 13 1/2 weeks pregnant I'm just not quite ready to wear maternity clothes...it just seems too soon.  I finally broke down and got some maternity jeans last week and it has been so much more comfortable that walking around with my pants unbuttoned and half-zipped.

I didn't want to wear jeans to Mass this morning so I opted to go for the unbuttoned, half-zipped skirt (that is quickly becoming too much of a mini thanks to having to hike it way up over my baby mound...I surpassed baby bump several weeks ago) and a large shirt worn untucked.  (I did wear one of those bands over the top of my skirt that keep unbuttoned pants from falling down.  That was $15 well spent.  It's allowed me to wear my normal jeans and breath and not worry about them falling down for the last three weeks.)



Tee-shirt: Target
Shirt: Target
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Target

I typically don't like myself in prints but this one was muted enough that I didn't feel like it was screaming, "I'm wearing a print!  Check me out!".  I'm not sure what it is but I'm just not comfortable wearing prints.  I see other people wearing prints and think they always look nice but when I wear them, I feel like I'm walking around with a giant flashing arrow on top of my head. (I'm weird.  I know.)

In reality, the print isn't quite as muted as it looks in the photo.  The paisley is teal, peach and gray and I'm wearing a peach tee shirt underneath.

It's probably not the most flattering outfit, but I could breath and I guess, for the next 6 months, comfort is going to be what matters most!

For more fashion inspiration check out the other WIWS peeps.  And leave them some comment love too if you have a minute.  

10 comments:

Falling Owl said...

You look lovely. I think it is a flattering outfit. Those shoes really elongate your legs.

Anonymous said...

You look great. I totally hear you on the prints though. I almost never wear prints myself, but I like them on others. And that shirt looks really good on you.

jeremyschwager said...

The "in between" phase of pregnancy physique is the worst. Your outfit looks great! I remember wearing sweatpants to church when I was pregnant the first time; they were new and fleecy and clean looking, but they were sweatpants. And I was the choir director at the time. People give a lot of leeway for pregnant gals!

Unknown said...

Actually that's my husband...oops! Should have checked who was signed in!

Mari said...

I think you look really cute! I feel the same about prints - don't like them on me, but they look great on others. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

LOL, Jeremy/Judy ^^^ I read "Jeremy's" comment thinking it was tongue-in-cheek . . . Beth, you look great!

Mary @ Quite Contrary said...

Looking good! End of 1st trimester/early 2nd is hardest for clothes, in my experience, but you pull it off well. Target often has some reasonably priced maxi dresses that I discovered this pregnancy really work well for in between times.

Billie Jo said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

The Fischer Family said...

Sometimes being able to breathe trumps everything else! lol- but I think you look adorable! Stopping by from FLAP. Have a blessed week!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the outfit; no screaming of anything in my opinion. :) Being able to breathe is actually a bonus!!!
XO