Dan has been out of town all week and the kids have been on Spring Break. And as I mentioned before, we had no real plans.
Here's what we did:
1. Sleepovers. Colton and Cheyanne came over on Monday afternoon and then spent the night. Tuesday was Chey's 7th birthday so we celebrated by signing Happy Birthday. Please note the candle in her muffin. Don't let anyone tell you that I don't know how to party!
2. Play dates. Peter had a play date with one of his friends from school. Chris is an only child with lots of toys. But the coolest thing by far, is the zip line in the backyard.
3. More sleepovers. Sarah got to spend the night with her friend Lily so Peter spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa.
4. Errands. Super exciting. Okay - maybe not. We went to the grocery store (just for toilet paper - we go through a lot of that and somehow I managed to run out! gasp!), got Peter and Grampa's hair cut, got gas, got allergy shots,shopped for some spring clothes for Sarah...you know - errands. It's the stuff that life is made of. Not exactly Spring Break exciting but still - they had to be done.
5. Music lessons and track practice. Peter had guitar practice, which he loves and both kids had track practice which they don't love. BUT - their friends were there and even though they were tired from the sleepover, they had FUN. Don't ask them because they will say they didn't but I know they did.
6. Last week we dyed Easter eggs and this week the kids got to smash them and throw them and crush them. So double the fun in my book!
(Please note that with my excellent photography skills you can't even see any eggs in this picture. Ansel Adams, need not worry. Well, he's dead, right, so I guess he's not worrying anymore anyway.)
7. And the best of all (in my opinion, anyway) - I get to take Sarah to try on her 1st Communion dress. It is ready and now we need to try it on to see if any alterations need to be made. When I was talking to the person at the dress shop, she said, "Don't forget to bring her shoes." To which I replied, "Um, shoes?" gulp...Y'all, I completely forgot the shoes. I have been so busy with the tiara and the veil (yes, this is Sarah whose name means princess, after all, so we will be doing a tiara and a veil) and how we were going to fix her hair that I completely forgot about shoes! YIKES! Luckily I still have a few weeks and the dress shop said they have shoes she can wear while she is being fitted.
So, it may not have been Disney World or the beach but I think we've had fun. And best of all, I survived!
Happy Weekend, y'all!
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.