photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, January 29, 2021

Heartbroken

I have been praying so hard for my friend Kim's husband, Ken Harris, the last three weeks. He was admitted to the hospital on January 4th with COVID-19 and never recovered. He passed away on Wednesday. Ken was just 56 years old.

He was the pastor at Union Grove Baptist Church and president of Union Grove Christian School and made an impact on so many people in our area. Thousands of people were praying for him all around the country and world. 

I know that God's ways are better than our own and I know that Ken is now where he has always wanted to be but I am absolutely heartbroken for my dear friend, Kim and her 13-year-old daughter, Claire. Please keep them in your prayers.

The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord. - Job 1:21



7 comments:

Ernie said...

Oh, Beth. I'm so sorry. This is such a sad story. He was so young. His daughter is so young. His poor wife. Heartbroken is exactly it. I will keep them in my prayers.

Gigi said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your friends. Please know I am keeping you and them in our prayers.

Madeline said...

Oh I am so sad for his family. I will include them in my prayers.

Billie Jo said...

I am so very sorry, Beth.
I will pray for his family, and for you as well.
Hugs!

Mari said...

I'm so sorry Beth. Praying for them!

Michelle said...

I’m so sorry for your loss, Beth. I will pray for everyone❤️

Suburban Correspondent said...

I'm sorry to hear this! It's always so shocking when it hits close to home, even when you know it is out there.