photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The weekend and my new glasses!

We've been busy little bees around here.

On Friday, after a day of Christmas parties and #GivingTuesday celebrations at school, the kids came home, hung out with friends and relaxed.  Then we headed to Christo's in Lexington for dinner with my parents.  If you are local and love a good Buffalo wing, you need to get to Christo's.  They have the best ones ever.  Ronnie's in Clemmons is second but for the best wing its always Christo's.  And then of course, my dad makes fabulous wings on the grill but y'all can't get just pull up to his front door and request an order.  I probably could, but you guys can't.  :)

I got the Christmas cards done on Saturday, Peter helped my brother with some work and Sarah and I ran errands and had lunch at Subway. 

Sunday was  a very busy day.  After Mass, we had lunch at my parent's house and then Sarah and I headed to the Stevens Center in Winston-Salem to see the University of North Carolina School of the Arts perform the Nutcracker!  Sarah and I had never been so we were excited.
 Here we all are! I like how Jennifer and I are a little blurry in the background! 

And here is a shot of just the girls!

It was a really good show and I'm so glad we went!  However, getting out of the parking deck was a nightmare.  It took us ONE HOUR!!!  And I'm not even exaggerating!  We happened to be one of the last people out of the deck.  It was so frustrating!!!  We barely made it to drop of Sarah and Cheyanne at their Girl Scout Christmas party.  After we dropped them off, Jennifer and I went to dinner.  It was nice to catch up with her.  I've been so busy with things at school and trying to get everything done for Christmas that I haven't had lunch with her in a month!  That's too long!  Hopefully January will be a little more calm!

Yesterday I went to pick up my glasses and here is the mug shot I took of myself this morning.

I need to go back today to get them adjusted.  The stem on the left side is digging into my ear and the stem on the right side is a little high.  And that's because my ears are uneven but I'm hoping they can make them a little more comfortable. 

Regardless, I am just so excited to be able to  see. A lot of people warned me that I would hate them or have trouble getting used to them.  But I quickly adjusted.  I think it's because I had to wear my reading glasses with my contacts for the last month and could not see a darn thing up close or mid-range without them.  Now I'm not cussing under my breath while searching for my reading glasses so I can read a label or something on the computer.

Have a happy Tuesday, everyone!  I will be trying to wrap up the last of my present wrapping and then will need to start thinking about cleaning and cooking to be ready for Christmas!!


Madeline said...

I think your glasses are super cute! I hope they can be adjusted to feel a little better for you. Sounds like you've been busy but good, which is about the best thing possible!

Billie Jo said...

Love them!!!!
You look awesome!
It's wonderful to be able to see, right?!
And you and I are on the same page...
Cleaning and meal prep are on the list here too!
Have a wonderful last few days of Advent!!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm loving your new glasses and congrats on getting used to them so quickly.
I've still NOT seen the Nutcracker!!! I'm envious.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.....I'm just now catching up!