photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let them eat cake!

Sarah turned 8 on June 4th and my Dad turned 70 on June 7th.  And my parents had their 50th wedding anniversary on June 9th.  Needless to say, we've eaten a lot of cake around here lately!

Here is a picture of my sweet father and his cake:


And here's a picture of Sarah's cake.  When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted she told me white with white frosting and that she wanted to decorate it.  I made the cake from a mix but I did make homemade butter cream frosting.  I bought a bunch of icing gel pens and she went to work and created a very cute and sparkly angel.  I think it turned out great!

(You can't see it very well in the picture but the angel's wings are a sparkly white gel and the writing says Happy Birthday to Sarah.)


 Sarah got some new roller skates from my mom and dad!

 My mom gave Peter a Rubik's Cube so he would have something to open too.  She's so sweet!

My sister-in-law gave Sarah a pogo stick.  It's going to take some practice but I think she will get the hang of it!

2 comments:

Mari said...

I see you've been partying! I like what Sarah did with her cake! The pogo stick brings back memories of the one we had as kids. We used to compete and see who could bounce the most times. We routinely made it over 100. :)

deborah said...

That picture of your dad is so cute! He looks so happy!

Sarah did a great job on her cake! My kids have decorated their own cakes the last couple years. They love doing it and it saves me some time!

The pogo stick picture is really great, too! How fun! I love watching my kids learn new things. My daughter got a ripstick a year and a half ago. It took a little while, but she can really make it go!