photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Peter got to enjoy the snow this time!

After our snowfall the previous weekend, we ended up getting another little snow on Friday evening. It wasn't much but it left a nice little coating on everything and it was cold. This storm ended up bringing snow to the Raleigh area so Peter was excited. Raleigh typically never gets snow so it added a festive feel to things around campus.

Peter hung out with his fraternity brothers on Friday night and they had a fire in the fire pit and enjoyed the snow.



I was very thankful that we got Peter duck boots and a heavy coat for Christmas. His high school wardrobe didn't include a winter coat because "nobody wears a coat to school, Mom". But since going to class now includes very long walks from the dorm to class, apparently it's okay to wear a coat. :)

He sent me this picture (looking out from his dorm room) on Saturday morning.


I know it doesn't look like a lot but classes at NC State were cancelled on Friday and a lot of the dining options were closed on Saturday. I know, I know. It makes no sense to northerners but we don't do snow well down here.  It drives Dan crazy every time it snows and things shut down for days over a couple of inches.  

It's finally starting to warm up a little bit this week thankfully. But there is a very slight chance for some more frozen falling water on Friday but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen!


5 comments:

Madeline said...

Do they just do a remarkable job of shoveling or did the snow not stick to pavement at NC State? It sure is pretty, and I bed even more fun knowing it won't be around long!!

Gigi said...

I will agree the snow is pretty but I am done with it. And I'm crossing my fingers right along with you that the predicted precipitation doesn't show up...as I eyeball those stupid pines in my backyard.

Mari said...

I remember my kids not wanting to wear a coat either. :) Glad he has a good one now!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The snow is pretty to look at. From a distance.
Lolo had those duck boots while she was living in D.C for a few years; she said they were life savers!

Ernie said...

I'm trying to imagine getting excited about the snow. Wait. Nope. I can't do it. Kidding, I get it. An unusual snow fall is fun. Glad he was prepared for the weather. Here, high school kids don't wear coats either. THIS IS CHICAGO. I don't get it. My kids wear coats, but if gets to be 30 degrees out, they will try to get by with a hoodie only. Brrr.