photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Baccalaureate Mass and Class Day

Graduation events are well under way!  On Thursday evening we attend the Baccalaureate Mass for the Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School Class of 2021.

The mass was held at Holy Cross in Kernersville.  Bishop Jugis celebrated the Mass.  It was absolutely beautiful.

The students processed in each holding white roses.  A string quartet provided beautiful music for the mass and the organ music that was played for the processional and recessional gave me chills.  (I love a grand sounding organ!)

The Bishop's homily implored the graduates to be humble and thankful as they are leaving high school behind and moving forward.  I tried to take his words to heart as well because I need to be more humble and more grateful as well in my daily life.  

After mass was completed the students were instructed to find their mothers and present them with the white rose in thanks and gratitude for their love and support.  The choir was singing Ave Marie while the kids were finding the moms.  It was beautiful. I was not expecting this at all and immediately teared up.  That's why I look so ridiculous in the picture below.  

Peter: happy. Mom: sad but happy.

 Here are a few more pictures from the evening:



Nick, Peter, Yael, Carson, Thomas (and Mary and Baby Jesus!)
 

On Friday morning, we celebrated Class Day.  This is the last time the entire Class of 2021 would be all together at Bishop McGuinness.  They arrived early so they could have one last photo taken together in their caps and gowns.  The awards presentation started at 8:00.  

All the awards and recognitions were presented to the class and then there was a dessert buffet afterwards.

Here are a few pictures:

Processing in



The Class of 2021

Processing out.

This is the group of kids that attending Our Lady of Mercy together and continued on to Bishop!  Such a great group of kids!!

And now all that's left if graduation on Tuesday night.  I'm left a little weepy but so very grateful that Peter was able to attend such an awesome school for the last 4 years.  He has made lifelong friendships for which I am thankful.  He has learned so much from a top notch faculty.  And he was able to attend in-person for his senior year.  

I prayed at the beginning of the year that God would bless this school year  that I knew would be strange and not quite what we had hoped for. My prayer was that God would take it and make beauty from ashes and I feel like he did just that.  It wasn't the senior year that Peter imagined but it was beautiful just the same.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh Beth...I should have warned you about the rose thing; I just didn't know if they were still doing that. That part killed me when Man-Child graduated, so I'm not surprised you were so weepy. That is an excellent school and Peter is well-prepared for college because of the curriculum they offer.

Madeline said...

So lovely!! I am glad that Peter was able to have all these events! Praying for a lovely ceremony on Tuesday and for your heart!

Mari said...

The rose thing is sweet, and I would have cried too.
Congratulations to Peter!

Ernie said...

Awesome. Love that his senior year was mostly intact. Lifelong friends, how wonderful. The mass sounds beautiful. And just think, you get to do it all again next year.