photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, March 20, 2020

It's the pits!

Yesterday after school, Sarah and I made banana bread.  She wanted to use a recipe she found on TikTok.  We decided to add chocolate chips to it to make it even more delicious.  However, I think we put in too many because all the chocolate chips went to the bottom and made like a thick chocolate syrup almost.  Even though it had to be scooped out sort of, it was still delicious.

Today things feel almost normal around here.  The sun is SHINING and it's going to be 80 degrees today.  I've opened all the windows and it feels like spring.  So even though Kohls and Marshalls have closed for two weeks, I'm trying to remain positive because this will not last forever.

Once I opened the windows, I discovered this:

Look at all that dirt and grime!  Gross.  So I got an old tooth brush, some all purpose cleaner, some Q tips and a microfiber cloth and got to work. And look at the results:

Not perfect but so much better.  I did this to four windows and called it quits.  I can only do so much in one day.  :)

The kids are eating their lunch right now.  That's the hardest part of this virtual learning - figureing out what to have for lunch!

I think Sarah and I are going out for a walk when she's done to burn off that chocolate banana bread.  It's too pretty not to be outside.  And we need to enjoy it because it sounds like it's going to be cold and cloudy for a week starting tomorrow.

And while I've got you all here - Does anyone have a good natural aluminum-free deodorant they would recommend.  Sarah heard that aluminum (which is the active ingredient in most antiperspirant/deodorants) can cause breast cancer and asked for something different.

So we switched to Tom's.  I thought it was fine but I think it still has some aluminum in it.  I found an Equate brand which I think also works fine but she didn't like that one either.  She is now trying an aluminum-free deodorant from Dove and she's not impressed.  So if anyone has one they swear by, let me know so I can run that one past her smelly armpits. :)

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Lume! It's the best; you'll love it. https://lumedeodorant.com

Glad you're having a nice sunny day. The chocolate/banana bread sounds awesome to me!

Madeline said...

So jealous of your beautiful weather. It's 38 here and we still took the kids out for a walk to not go stir crazy!

We made banana bread this afternoon. No chocolate chips in ours though, but yours sounds delicious.

Good luck with finding a deodorant Sarah likes! I just live with the aluminum because I need the antiperspirant. If you do find a good one let us know!

Ernie said...

Wishing for time to sort closets and deep clean during this home bound time-instead of taking a road trip to the epicenter of the virus.

Lori in CT said...

My daughter and I have been using Native deodorant and think it works great, and is easily available at Target and other major retailers.