photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A good chicken recipe is all you need, right?

Week three of the kids doing remote school and week two of Dan working from home is going well.  I'm just trying to stay out of everyone's way and praying that the wi-fi doesn't go out.

The weather was sunny and in the 80s all weekend and it was glorious.  I always feel like "we can make it" when the weather is nice.  But today it's cloudy and cool and my mind is like "we will not survive".  But we will.  We will survive.

Last night I made more bread.

Basis white bread.  Basic is good.

For dinner last night I tried a new recipe and everyone loved it.  It was Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce from Recipe Shoebox. It was yummy and I will definitely be making it again.

I went to Aldi and Wal-Mart yesterday and was able to find everything I needed.  Both stores seemed to be fairly well stocked (not on TP or paper towels.  Aldi had TP but no paper towels and as I was walking through Walmart I saw TP and paper towels in people's carts but the shelves were empty.  I guess you need to get there early for those items. Aldi had antibacterial wipes but no one has hand sanitizer.) 

It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit.  I brought my own wipes and wiped down the carts and used hand sanitizer as well.  Aldi had tape lines on the floor at the register to encourage social distancing and Walmart had someone wiping down carts and pulling them apart and putting them in front of the door.  So all you had to do was grab one by the door (no fighting to separate it from another cart).  I wiped mine down again anyway.

Neither store was very busy.  They had about the normal amount of Monday morning shoppers that I always encounter. 

After school was over, Sarah and I went for our 1.5-mile walk.  It's nice to get a little exercise but I'm still feeling like when this is all said and done, I'm going to be toting around the COVID 19 - which is similar to the Freshman 15 I gained when I went away to college. 

 We have to keep laughing right?

5 comments:

Madeline said...

Inspired by you in fact, I am making my very first cheesecake ever today!! I am so jealous of your nice weather, this whole experience is really making me reevaluate the size of our yard. (and the geography where that yard is!) So glad you have been able to get some good walks in.

Gigi said...

I am also repeating the "We will survive" mantra. I've ventured out occasionally, but never very far. The only thing I'm looking for these days is hand sanitizer and wipes (for our cars) and have had no luck.

Mari said...

I went to the store today and also had a good experience. It wasn't too busy and everyone was staying away from each other - but still smiling!
The bread looks good. I wanted to make some but can't find yeast!

16 blessings'mom said...

I am also jealous of your nice weather. Here in NY state, the springtime struggles to break through. The yard is soggy, the clouds insist on keeping that sun from peeking through. We might hit 60 later in the week, yay! We go on walks every day, it's been nice. At least it's not deep in January, that would be really difficult!
We haven't made bread yet, probably this week...

Ernie said...

It is supposed to get into the 60s tomorrow. Boy do we need that. I accidentally stockpiled hand sanitizer buying little ones for everyone's bags when we travel. I guess we travel a lot. Our wifi has been struggling to keep up. The only bread I have been making regularly is still Irish Soda Bread. We probably go to the store more than we should but they are eating me out of house and home.