photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Bullets.

Since it's been a week and a half since my last post, how about a good old fashioned bullet post?

*We survived the time change.  I am hoping that some day, we can stop this non-sense and just let nature do it's thing.  Wouldn't that be nice not to have to worry about springing forward or falling backward and feeling like crap for a week until your body gets adjusted?

*It's been sunny, rainy, cool, warm.  Sounds like spring, right?  It's going to be 71 degrees today but I just heard the weather announcer say that this weekend is going to be wet and cold.  Boo.

*This past Sunday was Girl Scout Sunday and Sarah's troop provided a meal for the church members.  Each GS family provided soup and a dessert.  There was a great variety of soup and I think the congregation really enjoyed the food and fellowship.  And here are the girls before church and ready to serve up their soup:


*We had briefly discussed going to Italy over spring break.  But I was never able to get anything planned and the thought of trying to figure it all out (where to go, where to stay, what to see, how long to stay.etc.) made me sick to my stomach.  So we decided to just go to Charleston for a couple of days.  And BOY am I glad it worked out that way.  I would be heart broken if we had to cancel our trip because of the virus. 

*And speaking of the virus - did any of you ever watch the TV show  Last Man on Earth?  Dan and I loved it and were disappointed when it was cancelled after four seasons.  If you've never seen it, the premise is that there was a virus that wiped out the entire population of the earth and there was only one man left.  He eventually found a few other survivors and many antics ensued.  Watching it, I always thought that it was ridiculous that a virus could wipe out an entire population in this day and age and now I'm thinking, hmmmmm.....maybe that's not so far-fetched.

*I was very disappointed when I went to Costco on Friday and discovered that in addition to wiping down your cart at the door, they had stopped giving away samples.  What's the point of Costco without samples? 

*I feel like the media has hyped this thing and has caused everyone to be in a frenzy over a virus but then I am reading things out of Italy that talk about hospitals having to use gymnasiums as emergency rooms and how doctor's are ultimately going to have to decide who gets treatment and who doesn't due to limited resources.  That's pretty scary stuff.  I think we all need to be hitting our knees in prayer. 

*On a lighter note - do any of you watch the Bachelor?  Oh my goodness!  This season has been a train wreck and I'm not going to lie - I've enjoyed every minute of it.  But I will tell you what I did NOT enjoy:

Peter's mom, Barbara is a real piece of work.  YIKES!

*And against my better judgement, yesterday I watched the first episode of Season 1 of  Love Is Blind on Netflix.  I really enjoyed it and am hoping to watch another episode later today. 

*Dan and I have been watching Making of a Murderer and we are really enjoying that.  We are late to the party on that one, I know.  :)  I've also been listening to a bunch of true crime podcasts when I'm at the gym.  If anyone has any that they really enjoy, let me know. 

*Dan had a follow up appointment with the doctor on Monday and his blood pressure was good.  However, he took the monitor he uses to check his BP at home and it reads high.  Even accounting for that, his BP readings at home have been elevated and I think he's going to go back again for a recheck.  I imagine that he will have another medication added before it's all said and done because previously he was on two different meds.

That's all the news that's fit for printing around here.  Have a great rest of your week!

4 comments:

Madeline said...

I am happy to hear from you and that things are fine! I was a little worried.

I went to Costco today and I was the only one who didn't buy the allowed two packs of toilet paper! Kinda nuts.

Sarah and the soup troop look lovely!

Madeline said...

Oh, and I for sure watched all of Love is Blind last weekend. I really enjoyed it.

Gigi said...

I'm not TOO worried about this virus...yet. But the thought that there is no vaccine for it and, therefore no one is immune, does worry me.

And this weather has been glorious!! I'm not thrilled with colder weather coming back. I am officially DONE with winter.

Ernie said...

I have not been too freaked out by the virus, but schools have all closed here for 3 weeks and Curly can no longer compete in World Championships of Irish dancing in Dublin. No idea if my families will need me to keep babysitting. It is concerning for people with serious health concerns due to the highly contagious factor. It is so sad that college kids need to end their abroad studies and that high school basketball teams and college basketball teams (other sports as well, but we are wired to consider b-ball over here) do not get to compete in playoffs. Unreal. I hope Dan gets his meds/BP figured out. Love that the girls served the community soup and dessert.