photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 18

It's already Thursday and apparently it's also already May!  Whew!  This last full month of school is going to zoom.

Here's a quick list of what I'm thankful for this week.

1. God's protection.  I was in a parking lot the other day when someone started backing out.  I blew my horn and she stopped just shy of hitting me.  It probably would not have caused any damage to my car but nobody's got time for anything like that!  I was very thankful she stopped.  But yesterday, Peter was driving home from track practice and pulled out into traffic.  I screamed STOPPPPPP and he did.  And the car swerved around him and thank goodness because that would have been a huge accident.  He says he looked but I think he only gave a cursory glance and the car was coming up faster than he thought.  Driving with teens is not for the faint of heart and there is a reason I pray every single time I get behind the wheel and every single time Dan pulls out of the driveway. And I think Peter is going to doing a much better job of looking before pulling out onto a busy road. 

2.  We won the track meet!

3.  I'm a big believer that God sends us little things throughout our day to bring us joy  And I am always thankful for those things.  This tiny little cup of triple mocha frappuccino made my morning:

4. The full moon!  Did you guys see it the other night?  It was beautiful!  Peter loves to alert me to a beautiful moon and whenever he says, "Mom, check out the moon tonight."  I always get up and go outside and take a look.

5. My sweet parents.  They are going to pick Peter up from his track meet this afternoon.  If you will recall this school is an hour away and Dan's uncle is flying in today and I will be getting him from the airport and they will be on Peter pick-up duty.  And Peter is thankful for this as well so he doesn't have to sit at the track meet for an extra 3 hours and then take the hour bus ride back to school and then the 30 minute drive home.

6.  Sunny warm weather!  It is finally spring here.  It's been in the 80s this week and sunny and I'm very thankful.

I told you this was going to be short.  We are gearing up for a big weekend around here!  Sarah's will be confirmed on Friday night and there's a lot to do!

What are you thankful for this week?


5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Thankful you are bringing a new adult soul into the church this weekend!
Happy and Blessed Confirmation to your lovely daughter!
I am thankful for everyday and that as I age, I am reminded to be content and happy and joyful with life.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Widh I could share that awesome drink with you. : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

The whole driving thing is terrifying. Surely Peter will be more cautious after having a close call. Yay for good stuff and little gifts! Enjoy your day!

Madeline said...

Congratulations to Sarah on her confirmation!

Gigi said...

I am thankful that this stressful work day is OVER!

Being the parent of a new driver is so stressful - particularly when you send them off by themselves for the first time! Congrats to Sarah; this IS a big weekend.

Ernie said...

So glad that accident was avoided! I am thankful that Mini's Confirmation mass and celebration were wonderful. I remembered to take a few photos before because Coach's parents live far away and they needed to bolt right after mass on a Tuesday night. I am also grateful that I have found a few new families to sit for next school year!