photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 21

It's Thankful Thursday (and once again I'm left wondering how it got here so fast!)

Here's this week's thankful list:

1. Hummingbirds.  The little hummingbirds are starting to come back to the feeder that's hanging outside my kitchen window.  However, I think the fact that Wally likes to hang out outside now that the weather is warm is keeping more of them away.  I told Dan that if I ever found a dead hummingbird on my back step (like I frequently find the  cutest of baby moles) then Wally is out of here.  He assured me that the hummingbirds are too fast for Wally.  They better be!

2. Little hummingbird swing.  Last weekend at Lowe's, I spotted a little hummingbird swing.  Dan and I scoffed at the idea but when I got home I looked it up online.  Apparently they like to perch right near their food source to rest and watch over their food.  So unbeknownst to me, Dan picked up one for me when he was at Lowe's without me later on.

It's been there for 5 days and so far I haven't seen a hummingbird perched there but if I ever do, you can bet I will be adding it to this list!

3. Our little garden.  Our garden is Dan's pride and joy and thanks to all the rain we've been getting our tomato plants are looking spectacular.  I can't wait to have a tomato sandwich!!


4.Unplanned lunch date with a friend.  I was out running errands in Winston when I got a text from a friend wanting to know if I was in town and if so, was I available for lunch as she had some time to kill after an appointment?  The answer to that is always YES!  If anyone knows me in real life and you are  reading this, I will almost never turn down an impromptu lunch date!  It was so nice to just spend some time with this friend chatting and catching up and the fact that it was unplanned made it that much sweeter.

5. That little voice in side my head (which honestly I think is God).  Many times through out my day, as I'm rushing about a little voice will pop into my head reminding me about something.  It's always something that I knew I needed to do or remember but the little voice always seems to remind me at just the right time.  Every time it happens I feel like it's God speaking to me in a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12).  :)

6.My health.  I was driving along the other day on the way to pick up the kids when I realized that it has been five years since I have experienced any pain from multiple sclerosis. FIVE YEARS! That is a huge praise!  I don't ever want to take my health for granted!

7.Meeting new people.  I'm going to be honest here - I do not like to meet new people.  I'm not good at small talk, I hate awkward silences, and in general I'm not comfortable around people I don't know.

Now once I know you, you will wish that I would just shut up but in the beginning I probably seem shy and quiet an unfortunately, probably a little aloof.  Anyway, Peter had a track dinner the other night at a nice steak restaurant.  I was nervous about going because Dan wasn't able to go and I didn't know who was going, who I would be sitting next to, etc.  I knew the kids would all be sitting together which would mean I would have to make small talk all through a long dinner. Honestly, I was not looking forward to it at all. 

I prayed  on the way asking God to help me out during the dinner and right as we got there, a friend of Peter's (that he just made this school year) and his mom came in.  It was just the two of them as well - no father and no siblings.    I did something I don't typically do.  I introduced myself to her and hoped that since our boys were friends we would have plenty to talk about during dinner.  She seemed relieved that I introduced myself and we spent the next two and half hours talking about the boys, our other kids, school, etc.  She was really nice and easy to talk to and know I one of Peter's new friend's moms! 

That's my list! What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Mari said...

I hope the hummers sit on your swing!
I can't wait for fresh tomatoes either.
I am like you when meeting new people or going to places with lots of people too. So glad it went well!