1. Dan has been in Dubai all week and returns today! Here are some pictures he sent me while he was away.
|The view from his hotel room.|
|This is a view from a restaurant where he had dinner. The building is the Burg Kahlifa which at 2,716 feet is the tallest building in the world!|
|Random palm tree.|
|Look at their faces! Don't they look so much more mature?! YIKES! Where did the baby faces go???|
4. I'm getting my hair done this morning and then school is only a half day and it's hello summer vacation! I am just as excited as the kids this year. It's been a good year but 5th and 6th grade are no joke and we are all just ready for a break!
5. And speaking of hair, Sarah informed me a couple of days ago that she is going to let her bangs and her hair grow out. And I was very proud of myself for not saying, "I told you so!". I guess I'm growing up. :) She said she likes her hair short but she misses being able to do lots of different styles with it. Luckily her hair grows pretty fast so we will let it grow all summer and get a trim right before school starts. Hopefully her bangs will have grown out enough at that point that we can get it all trimmed to one length.
6. Swim team is in full swing with evening practices. Public schools are still in session next week so we won't switch to morning practices until the following week, which means that the kids can sleep in all next week! They are so excited about that but I can guarantee you they will be up early and then the following week when it's time for swim practice and I need them up early they will fight it. And how do I know this? Because it happens every year! :)
7. And last Sunday was my beautiful mother's birthday and her are a couple of pictures. I love you Mom!
Head on over to Kelly's to see what all the other Quick Takers have been up to this week!