Here's a few highlights from the last week.
1. The kids had their final swim meet this weekend. It was the big county meet and even though our whole team worked hard, we fell about 53 points short of winning. We were disappointed but I feel certain that we'll get 'em next year! We've won the county championship for the last four years, and we went undefeated this season (as well as the last four) so I have no doubt we'll put up a good fight next year.
I took no pictures from the county meet because I just wanted to enjoy watching my kids swim. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in pictures that we just forget to sit back and watch and enjoy.
2. I noticed that my bra strap was showing the other day and I said to Sarah, "Sarah, if you ever see my bra strap showing, please let me know."
"Why?" she questioned.
"Well, because it's tacky that's why. And nobody needs to see my bra strap."
"Oh. I thought it looked pretty!"
In her defense, the bra was purple but still. So very thankful for school uniforms!
3. My garden is going bananas with the cucumbers. I've canned closed to 40 jars of pickles which is plenty to get us through the next year. I've given them away, I've made refrigerator pickles and I even ate a cucumber for breakfast a couple of days ago. Now, granted, I did dip them in my jalapeno cilantro dip but still....cucumbers for breakfast?!
Yesterday I made another batch of cucumber salad and I whipped up some tzatziki to go with some spicy chicken we had for dinner. Just trying to get creative with the cucs!
4. Sarah has finished with her short dance camp. I think she enjoyed it but she hasn't mentioned dance class for the school year very much since taking the class. I hope it's because she realizes it's not something that she really wants to do. Because it's not really something that I'm interested in pursuing for her. There are only so many hours in the week and dance class is something I think she could do without. But, I held up my end of the bargain!
5. Dan did not have to go to Dubai after all this week, so our vacation is going to happen as scheduled. And, when we get back, the people from Dubai will be coming here for meetings so it's like the best outcome of all has happened! Dan will probably have to spend a lot of our vacation time working which stinks, BUT, at least we will get a vacation this year AND he doesn't have to travel half way around the world. I love it when God works things out because I know I put it a lot of prayer time about this and so did a certain mother/grandmother/mother-in-law!
6. I've read three books so far this summer: Favorite Wife, The Red Tent, and Room. And while I really enjoyed all three of them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good book, my favorite was The Red Tent. I highly enjoyed that one so if you haven't already read it, get to it!
That's enough miscellaneous from now! Time to get some new tires for the car and get an oil change. We have a road trip coming up!