It's been awhile since I've done a 7 Quick Takes and it's not because I haven't had good intentions. Every Monday I think to myself, "don't forget to write down things to put in your Quick Takes so you can have it ready to go on Friday. And then every Friday I wake up thinking, "Is it Friday already? Where's my list of Quick Takes? Oh, that's right. I never wrote anything down. Maybe I can write something down right quick." And then I sit down at the computer, my mind goes blank and next thing I know, it's Saturday.
I'm really proud of myself for starting this on Thursday morning. So there's a real good chance that by Friday morning, I'll have something to post. Or not. I guess we'll see how it goes.
1. I was doing sit-ups the other night and my husband said, "You could gain 300 pounds and I would love you anyway so you don't have to kill yourself doing all those sit-ups." Awwww...what a sweet thing for him to say. But I told him that if I gained 300 pounds I wouldn't love myself so I was really doing it for me and not for him. Awwww...I can really ruin a sweet moment, can't I?
2. I found a recipe on Pinterest for making your own Biore Pore Strips at home and gave it a try. It was definitely quick and easy and cheap and it did the trick. I'll be using this often. It also works as a waxer so make sure you keep it off any hairs you want to keep. Visit Petit Elefant for the lowdown.
|Photo courtesy of Petit Elefant|
4. I just heard a lot of little-dog yipping and went outside to see what was going on. My first thought was that someone had dropped a dog off in front of our house. And a poodle at that! Apparently this poodel was in the middle of our very busy road and someone had stop to get him out of the road. The person that stopped was a kind man who was afraid the dog was going to be killed which was a very likely possibilty since the dog appeared to have never seen a busy road before much less a car barrelling down it doing 65 mph. The dog had a collar with a phone number and within minutes the dog was reunited with it's owner.
Kudos to the kind man that stopped and kudos to the owner for having their number on the tag. And me? Well I sighed a big sigh of relief that yet another pet didn't join my household thanks to being dropped off in front of my home. You don't think I actually went out and purchased the two crazy cats that live here, did you?
5. And speaking of pets, Peter continues to beg for a dog. Beg with tears and everything. Sometimes I feel like the world's worst mom for not letting him have one but usually I'm okay when I tell him he can get whatever animal he wants when he is paying the rent/mortgage and all the bills associated with said pet. And he wants a pug!? If we were to get a dog, a pug would be at the very bottom of the list of acceptable breeds. A pug??!! No, thanks!
6.Has anyone else seen Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on TLC? I shamefully admit to having watched several episode. This family has me laughing out loud. Do people really live like that?
7. Well, I need to read my Bible, get the kids up, go for a run and get this day started. I hope you enjoyed my 7 Quick Takes because I started on Thursday and am finally done on Friday morning. Next week, I think I am going to start on Monday. Maybe...
For more Quick Takes visit Grace at Camp Paton. Jen, our normal hostess is of 7 Quick Takes is filming a little Catholic reality show about getting her book published. And I'm pretty sure it won't be anything like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.