photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, July 11, 2011

I've lost the Office, the Middle and a Modern Family! The horror!

We had a bad thunderstorm on Friday night.  We were all sitting on the couch watching Wipeout which we had DVR'd.  The cable went out so we sent the kids upstairs to brush their teeth  to choruses of "Ohhh!  No fair!  We didn't get to see the end!" 

Dan and I had just settled back down and were trying to figure out what we were going to do without cable.  Should we read?  Should we talk?  To one another? 

And then it happened. 

A loud clap of thunder and a flash of bright lightening happened simultaneously.  Baby kitty jumped at least 4 feet straight up into the air and let out a loud, "MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!"

I almost wet myself the clap was so loud and so close.  The kids came running downstairs screaming.  It took a minute to calm the kids and the cat.

Long story (very long, very boring story involving technical electrical terms) short - our cable box is friend, the power cord to the Wii is fried and the circuit board to the downstairs garage door opener is fried.  $125 later, (along with lots of switch flipping, phone calls to service centers/repair departments and much annoyance) and we are almost good as new.

I did not want to wait at home between the hours of 8 AM and 9 PM for the cable guy (that's 13 hours!!) so I told the helpful Time Warner Customer Service person that I would pick up the box myself at the service center.    Because they were closed on Saturday and Sunday and we had a busy day today and couldn't make it to the conveniently located service center, we are currently boxless.

gasp

I tried to watch regular cable TV last night without the DVR and became highly annoyed. 

Apparently I have become very spoiled as I found myself saying things like, "Where's the INFO button?  How am I supposed to know what show this is without the INFO button?" and "Wait!  Without a box there's no On Demand!  I can't watch regular programming!  I wanted to watch last week's The Next Food Network Star right now!" and "Oh no!  We had some Modern Family's recorded that we hadn't watched yet!  What are we going to do?  Are supposed to wait until the end of summer when they replay them?"

Yes.  Momma has become very spoiled. 

But don't worry.  It will be all right.  And no, I'm not going to say that we have rediscovered our passion for good books and lively conversation.  Nope. I'll be heading to the conveniently located cable service center bright and early tomorrow morning to get a new box.  Order will be restored.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love it! You're too funny! We finally broke down and got DVR with our Direct TV about a month ago (only because I got it free for a whole year) and I am already spoiled! I don't know if I can live without it and go back to watching commercials ever again(and I think that's their master plan).