photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's the thought that counts. Right?

We are heading to Cape Cod tonight as soon as my husband gets home from work.  The kids are looking forward to seeing their cousin and playing in the ocean.  I am looking forward to the ice cream and the pizza.

I don't know what it is about Massachusetts but the folks up there know a thing or two about pizza and ice cream.

It seems as if there is a little mom and pop pizza shop on every corner in every town.  And the pizza is good. Very good.  And I think it's the sauce that makes it so delicious.  I am getting hungry just thinking about having a big slice, or two, or four.

And then there's the ice cream.  Twin Acres Ice Cream Shoppe in Sandwich  has some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted.  It was at this little shop that I first had Raspberry Fudge Torte ice cream.  I can't wait for a big cone of it.  Or two. Or four.

And then there's Four Seas Ice Cream in Centerville.  We usually go there twice while we are on the Cape. Every flavor I have ever had there has been delicious.

I've packed my running shoes to counteract all of the eating that I plan on doing.  I'm laughing right now even as I typed that because we all know that packing running shoes and actually running in running shoes are two entirely different things.  But it's the thought that counts.  Right?

No comments: