photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's my blog and I'll brag if I want to, brag if I want to....

We survived the early wake-up call and the sweltering heat on Saturday.  Our undefeated Ducks went into the Davidson County Aquatics Association County Swim Meet ready to win.  And win we did!  That's two in a row for the Arcadia Ducks!

Our whole team has worked so hard this season.  And so have my kids.  They have gone to daily morning practices and sometimes I even sent them to the evening practices as well.  And all of their hard work finally paid off!

Peter came in THIRD in his age group in the 25 yard backstroke and SIXTH in his age group for 50 yard freestyle.  Sarah came in FIRST in her age group for the 25 yard freestyle! She also came in SECOND in her age group for 25 yard backstroke.  I am so proud of my kids.

But I don't think they can take all of the credit for winning.  I splurged and had them take two lessons with one of the life guards at the pool.  Tyler is currently on his college swim team (on scholarship).  I really think those two lessons are what did the trick.  I would love for the kids to take lessons with him at the beginning of next season.

When I think back to the beginning of last summer I am amazed at how far they have come in just two summers. At the beginning of last summer, Sarah was able to do a doggie paddle. Peter was a little better swimmer but couldn't do any real strokes.

Jennifer (all four of her kids did awesome in the swim meet as well!) convinced me that the swim team was just what they needed.  And the swim coach assured me that it was o.k. that they weren't strong swimmers.   So I put them on the swim team and crossed my fingers.  I have been so pleased with the whole swim team experience and I can't speak highly enough of our coaches.

Go Ducks!  QUACK!

First in his heat!  Third overall! 
The less breaths you take, the faster you go!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - good job! You should brag!

Andrea said...

We mommies have a RIGHT to brag!!!! And you definitely should!! Congratulations to your "ducks"!!!!

Wendy said...

Way to go Peter & Sarah!