photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March!

It's March!  The days are getting longer and it's finally sunny this week after a lot of rain. And it's supposed to be 71 degrees tomorrow.  Spring is getting close.

Our daffodils are in bloom!!!
 

Lent is also upon us. While ordinary time is my favorite, this Lent, I'm looking forward to eating less, praying more, and just generally trying to listen for God's voice during my day to day activities. Are any of you doing anything special for Lent?

Two Sundays ago, we celebrated the swim season at the end of year banquet.  It was held at a local Mexican restaurant. The owners had some swimmers on the team in previous years and are always very gracious and allow us to meet there.

Sarah and the other captains presented the Paper Plate Awards and they did such a great job.  They came up with an award for each swimmer based on their personality or something funny they said or did during the season and told the story as they were presenting the awards.  For instance, 

This next award goes to someone who is always thinking about the other swimmers on the team. He always has extra bottles of water for those who forgot theirs and he keeps extra snacks in his backpack for the same reason.  This person has also been known to swim extra laps when the coach is mad just so the team can finish practice on time.  This award goes to Sam "The Saint" Smith. 

This was just an example by the way.  As far as I no, no one on the team brings snacks for the other swimmers. That would be nice but also a little team mommish!

I tried to snap some pictures when they were giving their speeches but this is the best I could do:











This past weekend, Sarah had a special project she was working on with a bunch of friends and was gone Saturday night and most of Sunday. So Dan and I decided to go out to dinner after Mass and ended up at 6th and Vine. Their menu was a lot smaller than I remember from preCovid but it was still good.  We split the baked Brie appetizer and I got a fried goat cheese salad.  Yum!  Apparently I have a thing for baked and fried cheeses.


 


This might also be why one of my Lenten plans is eating less....

Speaking of eating less....we have some workers here now repairing the wood that goes around the back door. (I'm sure there's a technical term - frame, maybe jamb?  It has started to decay so we are having it replaced and I am about to starve since it's lunchtime but I can't go in there and start heating up lunch while they are right there.  That would be rude and awkward so perhaps I will start my Lenten fasting a little early. :)

That's all I've got now so I guess I'll leave you all with a picture of Buddy...

What's black and white and red all over???  :)



7 comments:

Colleen said...

Mmmm fried cheese :) I'm jealous of your daffodils and warmth while we still have snow and temps in the 30's. Sigh.

Ernie said...

I'm also jealous of your temps. I'd be jealous of your flowers, but I think I need to plant some first and be bummed that they haven't bloomed yet in order to qualify as jealous.

Buddy is super cute, HA-CHOO - that's me sneezing. Not sure how to spell it.

The awards sound fun. I love those kinds of creative awards.

Mari said...

Buddy is such a beautiful cat!
I love the paper plate awards - so creative!
Daffodils blooming? I'm jealous!

Madeline said...

Buddy is so cute! It's been very springy here, with temps in the 50s, tomorrow in the 60s but I know it will be short lived because we don't even have little peeks of daffodils yet.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The paper plate awards sound like a fun way to end the year. I love cheese, baked or fried. Of course, it's fully of delicious cholesterol, so no more for me. :(
LOVE the daffodils.
Buddy is the cutest little guy, isn't he?

Laura Pearl said...

My irises are close to blooming here in VA. Your daffodils are beautiful!

I am pretty much trying to do the same things as you for Lent: eat less, pray more. I’m doing okay so far...but it’s early yet!

Laura Pearl said...

My irises are close to blooming here in VA. Your daffodils are beautiful!

I am pretty much trying to do the same things as you for Lent: eat less, pray more. I’m doing okay so far...but it’s early yet!