photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, April 16, 2021

Here's what's happening in our neck of the woods.


 It's been a while since I've done an update post so....

On Monday, Dan text me this picture:


 I've been anxiously awaiting the return of our hummingbirds since the end of March.  I always get antsy and put out the feeders a few weeks too soon but I figure it's better to have them ready and waiting in case they come early.  

Last year, we put a feeder outside of the window of the room that Dan uses as his work-from-home office and the birds right now seem to be enjoying this feeder a lot more than they are enjoying the three hanging outside the kitchen windows for my pleasure.  I usually see them visiting my feeders in the evening when I'm fixing dinner but they keep Dan entertained all day.  Here's the first picture I snapped of my little friends:

I will try not to post too many pictures of hummingbirds over the spring and summer but I can't make any promises.

On Tuesday evening, we headed to the school for the National Honor Society Induction Ceremony.  Peter attended as a current member of the NHS and Sarah attended as a new inductee!




On Wednesday, the seniors started Senior Assassin.  It's a tradition at Bishop and any senior that wants to play signs up and pays $10.  One of the seniors serves as "Commissioner" and he's in charge of determining who has who and let's each person know.  There are a lot of rules involved but basically you must shoot your target with a water gun all the while trying not to get shot by the person who has you.  There's a private Instagram page where they all keep up with who is still in and even videos of them getting their targets. Apparently some people got their targets this morning as they were leaving their house for school.  Peter is very paranoid and made us check all around the outside of the house before he left this morning to make sure no one was lurking in the bushes with a water gun. 

Peter got his first target yesterday afternoon and is trying to figure out how to get the next one today or tomorrow.  Some of the rules include: there's a 15 minute grace period before and after the start of school so you can't try to get someone out there, obviously you can't play during school, you aren't allowed to shoot your target while you are driving your car, if you plan to shoot the target inside of their home you have to have permission from another family member to come inside, if someone is trying to shoot you but you get them with your water gun first then you are immune for 3 hours and they can't shoot you, etc.  There are a lot more rules that I can't remember but Peter is having a blast!  Oh, and there are 54 people playing so the winner gets $540!  

Next Saturday is the prom.  I am so excited that they are going to be able to have it this year.  They will have to wear masks, but I'm just so glad they are having it. As usual with trying to plan things with large groups of kids, there has been a lot of texting, snap chatting, etc. to determine where to take pictures, where to eat dinner, etc.  I think all the plans have officially been worked out. We've rented Peter's tux (I just need to pick it up next Friday) and Sarah has purchased her dress and shoes (we just need to go after school today to pick it up from the alterations place.  Sarah's a shortie so we had to have the dress hemmed.)  

That's all the news that's fit to print around here.  Have a great weekend!




8 comments:

Colleen said...

JP is doing the senior assassin here too, it’s very nerve-racking apparently! Congrats to Sarah on getting into NHS and yay for prom!

Suz said...

The assassin gig sounds legit!
Congrats to Sarah on her induction; such a smartie.
I love hummingbirds and I wish we had more of them here.

Gigi said...

I don't recall the senior assassin thing when mine was in school - I'll have to ask him.

Congrats to Sarah!

Ernie said...

Oh my gosh - I have vivid memories of a few cars pulling up to try to get Eddie out of senior assassin when it was close to time for moms to pick up babies. I was hollering at them to get away from the house. Can you imagine an unsuspecting mom getting caught in the cross fire? Tank did it too, but it finished awhile ago here. Prom for our kids is a few weeks after graduation and it will be at the Lincoln Park Zoo in the city. No exhibits open or anything.

Fond memories of watching the hummingbirds in Colorado when I was a kid on vacation.

Congrats to Sarah.

Billie Jo said...

So much excitement in your home, Beth!
Such good times.
Congratulations to Sarah.
Enjoy Prom. Post pics!!!!

Madeline said...

Yay hummingbirds. I have never heard of senior assassin but it sounds fun!! Been thinking a lot about you and your sweet Rebecca this week.

Laura Pearl said...

I’ve never heard of senior assassin—what a hoot! Our boys would have loved that!

Laura Pearl said...

I’ve never heard of senior assassin—what a hoot! Our boys would have loved that!