photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, March 16, 2018

Track meets and the fact that I'm old, tired and lazy.

Last night Peter had another track meet.  And it was not as cold as last week's meet but thanks to very high winds, I was bundled up like it was in the low 40s  One  of the other moms and I were joking that we looked like homeless people huddled over in our mismatched hats, gloves, and winter parkas.  And it didn't help that one of that we were scarfing down another mom's snacks like we hadn't eaten in days.

Track meets are exactly like swim meets - you sit  around for hours eating snacks because you're bored and hoping you don't miss the 2 minutes that your kid is going to swim/run because you are talking and not paying attention.

Here's the one decent picture I got of Peter:


Sarah has her first track meet tomorrow.  I am the assistant to the track coach so I've been busy helping to get everything ready.  It's supposed to be in the mid 60s but there's a 40% chance of rain.  Hopefully it will stay away!

We have no plans for St. Patrick's Day. Well, we were supposed to go to a trivia night fundraiser at Peer's school that sounded really fun.  But then the start time of  Sarah's track meet got pushed out by 2 hours and there's no way we would be back to Peter's school in time for the event.  And it's the kind where you go in as teams to win the trivia contest and you are supposed to bring a dish to share with your table/team.  I hate going to things late (especially when I don't know if I will be 30  minutes late or an hour and half late) and I knew there would be no way I'd be able to get an appetizer ready in time for this thing in addition to the track meet. So in the end we cancelled those plans and I'm feeling good about my decision. I'm not one of these people that go from event to event. I find when I do that I don't enjoy each thing - I'm too worried about getting to the next thing.   I prefer to just have one major thing to do per day.  That way I can focus on it and enjoy it.

Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill

Or maybe I'm just old, tired, and lazy. 

Whatever the case, we will be grilling dinner at whatever time we get home from Sarah's track meet and we will be enjoying a calm evening after a long day at the track.  That's more my speed...

Enjoy your weekend!





2 comments:

Mari said...

I don't think you're old or lazy- just getting smarter all of the time!

Maria (also Bia) said...

Oh my ... those track meets. Our eldest did cross country and once they set off we didn't see them again until they crossed the finish line. Nothing to watch in between. Then our second son tried but said he liked everything about cross country except the running.

I have gotten really, really good about making sure I (and all of us) have some down time. I don't like going from event to event, either.