photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snow day recap and Thankful Thursday - Edition 3

Guess what?  I have remembered that today is Thursday!  And that means Thankful Thursday! 

But first, I wanted to review my day yesterday.  They kids were out of school due to the 0-3 inches of snow which actually turned into a lot more. I would say we got maybe 5.  People around were posting 7 or 8 or more but the snow was blowing all day so I feel like those were drifts.  Regardless, we got a lot more than they were expecting.  It snowed until 3, stopped for an hour and then snowed for another hour and a half.

Here's a picture of my tree around noon:

Like a winter wonderland, eh?  Beautiful but I'm ready for it to be gone!  Bah humbug!

The kids enjoyed their day off.  Sarah worked on her science expo research and made snow cream.  Peter took a long hike through the woods and spent hours practicing his electric guitar.  I cleaned the grout in the tile in the master bathroom and started a new book.  And Dan went to work.


So, now that I've recapped our lovely day, here's my Thankful Thursday list for this past week:

1. Family time - As the kids get older and I can almost see them pulling out of the driveway for the last time (sob), I really appreciate the time we spend together as a family.  Whether it's going to visit the Pisgah Covered Bridge, or lingering around the dinner table, or watching Jeopardy or America's Funniest Home Videos, I'm happy for the time we get to spend together as a unit of 4.  Because as Sarah said to me the other day, "Mom!  Do you realize in 4 1/2 years, I'll be going to college?!?!"  My sad response, "I think about it every day."

2.  Peter's driving is improving - Peter is getting better with each drive we take in the car.  I, however, am still a hot mess.  At first he would go very slow.  Then he started to go too fast.  But now he seems to be able to moderate himself and go a more appropriate speed. He's perfectly fine driving home from school and to church.  These are the routes he's driven the most. We did some driving in Winston this past weekend and his "city" driving is improving but it still freaks me out.

3. My husband - I know everyone is thankful for their husband and I'm no different!  I am thankful that he's willing to work hard for our family.  I am thankful that he doesn't mind helping me with the dishes every  night.  I am thankful that he makes the bed every single morning and that he always puts his clothes in the laundry basket.  And I am thankful that God sent him to me!

4.  Morning quite time - I get up before everyone else and use that time before the chaos of the day to ready the bible and pray. I can't seem to start my day any other way and I am also thankful that I'm a morning person.

5. My "Jesus Music" - That's what the kids call it anyway.  I love to listen to KLOVE and WBFJ (the local Christian radio station) when I'm in the car alone. And as St. Augustine is credited with saying, "He who sings, prays twice."  So this gives me even more reason to crank it up and sing along!  The kids and Dan don't appreciate my Jesus music but I'm in the car a lot without them so I can sing until my heart's content!

6. Time with friends - I was supposed to have lunch with Jennifer yesterday and coffee with my MOMS group this morning but thanks to the lovely snow, both of those got rescheduled.  I love catching up with these ladies and spending time with them and am so very thankful for them. Hopefully there will be no snow next week so I can see them all!

7.  Long, hot showers - Nothing beats a long, hot shower on a cold snowy morning!  

8. Warm weather on the horizon - I've very thankful that it's supposed to be in the upper 50s tomorrow so all of this beautiful snow will melt!  It's pretty to look at for a day or two but then it's nice when it all melts quickly!

9. A clean kitchen in the morning - It always makes me very happy to come downstairs at the crack of dawn and be greeted with a clean kitchen.  I'm thankful for all the evenings when I have the time and energy to clean everything up.  On evenings we don't get the kitchen back in order after dinner, I always regret it the next day!

And that's a wrap for this week! 




No comments: