photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Moving on up!

Last night was Peter's 8th grade graduation mass.

I teared up as they all processed in but I managed to hold it together the rest of the time.  It was a lovely service and now I have a rising high school freshman!  How did this happen???

Peter received the President's Excellence Award, The Social Studies Award, and Yearly Honors.  So proud of my boy!

Each of the students drew of picture of Mary in art class earlier this month  and presented it to their parents last night.  And on the back was a prayer each had written asking for their parents to pray specific things for them in the coming year.  So very sweet.  Peter chose Mary Queen of Heaven and I think I'm going to have to frame this and hang it up!

Congratulations Our Lady of Mercy Class of 2017!

Sarah asked Peter why Mary was so brown and Peter replied, "Because that's the color she really was."


All the boys!

4 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Congratulations!

Madeline said...

Congratulations to all of you! That is so exciting!! Plus, now summer!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Congratulations! I love his bow tie, so handsome. That is really cool they have the students draw pictures of the Blessed Mother, I have never heard of that before as part of a parting graduation activity, but it is really cool. And a beautiful family pic!

Mari said...

Congratulations to Peter and to all of you! I like that family picture. Peter looks more like Dan the older he gets!