photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A day in the life...

In all the many years I've been blogging, I've never done a day in the life post.

But guess what?  Today's the day. Well, yesterday actually. 

For your reading and viewing pleasure, here's what I did on April 4, 2017.

I set my alarm every morning at 5:40 during the week but thanks to my internal alarm and my anxious cat, I'm always up before it goes off.

I groggily headed downstairs, fed the cat, and then made a cup of coffee.

As I drank my coffee, I prayed the rosary.  I've been praying the rosary every morning during Lent and I've really been enjoying it.

 After I prayed the rosary, I read the daily readings, the Blessed Is She devotional and the daily devotional from Jesus Always by Sarah Young. Then I prayed through my list of prayer intentions.

After that, it was 6:30 and time to get the kids up.  While they were eating breakfast, I made lunches for everyone.

After lunches were packed, I cleaned up the kitchen.  This included the breakfast dishes, the items I used to make lunches and any leftover dishes or messthat didn't get cleaned up the night before.

Then I hugged and kissed everyone goodbye and waved as they drove away.

After everyone left, I showered and then enjoyed my breakfast.

If you haven't tried the Pressed by Kind bars you should.  They each contain two servings of fruit and/or vegetables and nothing else.  They are actually pretty good and I've found that one in the morning with my coffee holds me over until lunch.  And they are low in calories and fat free.  The one above is good but very pineapple forward.  I prefer the Pineapple, Coconut, Chia.  I'm going to branch out and try some of the other flavors as well.

While my coffee was brewing, I enjoyed this view out the back door.  The warm winter combined with the recent rains have made all the grass so green.  In fact, mowing season has already started.  Poor Dan...

Next up, I threw some laundry in the washing machine and sat down to write a blog post.

After that, I tackled the two upstairs hall closets.  One is where we store towels and sheets and the other is where we store extra toiletries.  They were both a mess.

A better blogger would have taken before and after photos but I was so busy purging old towels, ripped blankets, expired Pepto Bismol etc, that I didn't even think about it.

After I got done, I took the three bags of junk I removed from these closets to the dump and then headed to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things we were running low on.

Then I headed home and paid bills and wanted to do a little work on the computer.  I was trying to print a few things off and was having major issues.  I spent about 45 minutes trying to fix the computer until I realized that the problem was the two recycled ink cartridges I had purchased off Amazon for a very low price were causing the issue.  As soon as I removed those and replaced them with the old cartridges the printer started working fine. 

This printer has caused me lots of annoyance and wasted time and yesterday was no exception.  After I realized the issue, I logged onto Amazon and requested my money back. Which meant printing off a UPS label but luckily I had enough ink in the old cartridges to do that.

After that wasted 45 minutes, it was lunch time. I enjoyed a yummy salad with walnuts, Craisins, feta and balsamic vinaigrette.

After lunch, I did a few more things on the computer and then it was time to get the kids.  I left a little earlier than normal because I had to run into the school and do a couple of PTO related things before dismissal. (In full disclosure, I forgot to snap a picture yesterday.  This is one from February 27th.)

After we got home from school, the kids started their homework and I started ironing.  UGH.. I hate ironing but since Dan had been gone for two weeks, I was behind on his laundry.  So, I got to iron a large pile of shirts and pants yesterday.  But no worries, I did it while watching an episode of Fixer Upper that I haven't seen before. 

After I got the ironing finished, I headed downstairs to check on the kids.  They were still doing homework. 

My brother stopped over for his daily visit. I helped him order something from the internet and then I started prepping dinner.  It was another Hello Fresh meal.

Dan actually got home at a reasonable time last night and we were done with dinner and dishes by 7:00!  And then he and I headed upstairs to finish painting the bonus room. We only had one more big wall left.

Look!  The giant bucket of paint is almost empty but I've got enough left to do the kids bathroom and then no more painting for at least 10 years.  :)

We were done with the painting by 9:00 and then headed downstairs.  Dan turned on a documentary on PBS about Jesus and I tried to keep my eyes open but couldn't.  I half listened, half snoozed until 10:00 when we went upstairs to go to bed.

And that was my day!


Billie Jo said...

I LOVE these posts!
It is like chatting with you on the phone and you are telling me about your day.
And a productive day it was...
I love to iron IF I can watch a good Lifetime movie. : )
And I love your quiet time in the morning.
Thanks for sharing...
I need to do one soon!

Mari said...

I'm so glad you did this - I enjoyed the day with you! You were very busy and very productive too!