It's Friday so I'm linking up with Kelly for Seven Quick Takes!
1. Sarah just completed a math assignment on the Wheel of Theodorus. Which if you are like me and don't know what that is, according to Wikipedia it is is a spiral composed of contiguous right triangles. It was first constructed by Theodorus of Cyrene. Sarah had to construct her own wheel which is done mathematically and if you are interested in how, please don't ask me but it tells you how here. Once she drew her wheels (or spirals) she had to turn them into something and she chose elephants. I think she did a great job!
Wheel of Theodorus:
2. Science Expo is gearing up! Both of the kids have already worked with their groups to do their experiments and since today is a teacher workday and there is no school, they are each meeting with their groups to work on their papers. Sarah's group is coming over her (and somehow she talked me into a sleepover) and Peter will be going to another friends house to work on his. Hopefully both groups can stay on track and get this paper completed today!
3. I am on Snap Chat but I never use it. Well, that's a lie! I do go on there and play around with the filters to amuse myself when I am totally bored. Here's a picture of me that makes me look like my Dad from the 1970s!
4. For Lent this year, I have decided to pray the rosary every day. So far, so good! I have added it to my morning routine and it is the first thing I do when I wake up. I have also started a list of prayer intentions for this rosary and unfortunately it just keeps growing and growing. I have added something or someone almost every day since Ash Wednesday. Seeing all of your prayer intentions written down is overwhelming especially when the list keeps growing BUT it does bring peace knowing that you are turning all these problems over to God.
5. That picture of me with a mustache is really creeping me out so here's a normal one.:
6. Sarah had swim practice last night and the first thing she said after she got out of the pool was that she was sore! Which is also the first thing she said after the first track practice. She is going to be fit as a fiddle by the time spring is over!
7. And speaking of spring - Don't forget to spring forward one hour this weekend. Ugh! I know everyone will be a grumpy tired mess all of next week.