It's Friday so here are 7 Quick Takes for your perusal...
1. Last Friday night, I took Sarah to a local Mexican restaurant as part of an after school field trip. The Spanish teacher wanted them to all practice ordering in Spanish since they had been working on that lesson recently. And she wanted them to gain confidence speaking it in the real world. The teacher had instructed the waiter that everyone was to speak in Spanish and he should speak to them in Spanish as well.
Only two other mothers other than myself stayed to eat (Dan was out of town and Peter was still in Washington so I decided to eat!). When the waiter got to the first mom, she ordered in Spanish. Her husband's family is from Cuba and she took advanced Spanish in college so she is fluent. When he got to me, I ordered in English, because I took French in high school. Then the waiter started speaking to me in Spanish and I was like:
And he laughed and went to the next mom who ordered in Spanish and then I felt like a dummy. I guess I should have done my homework and figured out how to say, "It's Lent so I guess I'll have the fish tacos even though I want some beef and chicken."
2. At then Graduation Dance in May, the 7th and 8th graders watch a slide show before the dance. The 8th graders have to send in pictures for this slide show of themselves through the years. Y'all...here's my big tall 8th grader on the first day of Kindergarten....
3. Tomorrow Peter has his placement exam for high school. After the exam, the high school is holding Eat on the Street and we are all going to go. There will be food trucks, games, a beer garden, and lots of fun. And the rain that was here last night and all morning should be gone and hopefully it will be a nice day. I'm looking forward to it. Although, two years ago when we went to a huge food truck festival the lines were so long just to order the food and then the wait to get the food was just as long and we ended up just going to a restaurant. Some I'm hoping we actually get some food!
4. Dan's currently on a plane right now and should be landing in Greensboro at 5:00! Last night at 9:00 I talked to him and he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to leave or not but at 1:00 AM I got a text from him saying that they got done with everything and he would be coming home as scheduled! YIPPEEEEE!!!!
Coin size? Um are they aware that there are many different coin sizes? A dime is a whole lot smaller than a 50 cent piece. But, I opted for dime size since this stuff was so pricey. And after my first use, I can honestly say that I don't think it's worth $22. I've got enormous pores and I can't ever seem to find a primer that will get those things spackled!
6. Before Dan left 2 weeks ago, we started painting the bonus room. And while he was gone, I worked on it some. Hopefully we can get it finished this weekend and that just leaves the kid's bathroom and the great painting escapade of the last 8 months will finally be over! Spring/Easter Break starts in a week and a half so hopefully I can get the bathroom done then.
7. One of the moms from school sent a text this morning exclaiming that she counted up and there are only 34 days of school left. Thank goodness because I don't think I can take much more. This mama is ready for summer vacation!
Enjoy your weekend, y'all!