photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, August 12, 2016

Seven Quick Takes

It's Friday so let's do some Quick Takes!

1.  Next week is our last week of summer vacation.  In fact, this week, I had two PTO meetings and we all kept saying how we couldn't believe summer was over already.  I laugh at the old me who could not get through summer fast enough and now, I'm wishing we had a few more weeks of nothing to do.  Although, we still have plenty to do.  Sarah has a doctor's appointment, Peter has an orthodontist consult (a better mom would have planned this for earlier in the summer so that any braces could have been put on over the summer, but I guess I'm not that mom), and Dan is still away on his business trip.

2. The reno is moving along slowly but surely but the end of September can not get here fast enough for me.  I hate to wish time away (especially seeing as how fast it's going these days) but I'm ready to have the downstairs back again.  We've been eating dinner at my mom's in the evening and that's been nice.  I'm very thankful that they live next door, otherwise I'm sure we would be eating out a lot!

3.  Colton and Cheyanne spent the night last night because Peter reminded me that summer was almost over and there had been zero sleepovers so far.  At what age do kids stop doing sleepovers?  I'm pretty sure that by middle school I was done with them.  But honestly, Colton and Cheyanne are more like cousins to Peter and Sarah and I guess you are never to old to have a sleepover with your cousins!

4.  And speaking of sleepovers, Sarah will be heading to one tomorrow night.  One of her friends from school is leaving and she's having a big sleepover with lots of girls so Sarah is excited.  This girl also always has a big sleepover every year for her birthday.  All I can say is God bless her mom.  I think having 2 girls over is a big sleepover.  For them it's 6 or 8 every time.  I just can't do it.  That's too much giggling and screeching for me.

5. I'm probably going to take the kids to a movie next week.  Any good ones out there for the middle school set?  I'm thinking Bad Moms probably isn't appropriate although that's what I'd like to see.

6.  Speaking of seeing things....I'm going to see Jim Gaffigan this weekend!  I'm pretty excited although I will have to say I'm a little bummed that Dan isn't going to be here. We haven't had a date night in ages and honestly its looking like one might not happen until October!   My brother offered to go with me but his plans have changed so I'm going with my BFF instead. It should be a good show!

7.  And finally, a picture of my lunch yesterday because that's really all I've got.


It was so yummy.  Just diced tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamic, and salt and pepper.

And speaking of tomatoes...I have been in no mood to actually can salsa or spaghetti sauce yet because, well, no kitchen and honestly not having a downstairs has gotten me all out of sorts.  But, ripe tomatoes wait for no man so I have taken a ton of them (and by a ton, I mean 6 or 7 grocery bags full) over to my mom's house and skinned and seeded them.  And then I put them all in the freezer.  When the kids are back in school and I have a whole day of not taking anyone anywhere, I plan to can those bad boys.

Have a great weekend y'all and don't forget to visit Kelly for more Quick Takes.

9 comments:

deborah said...

I'm not ready at all for summer to be over! It has flown.

Sounds like you're doing some fun things.

I'd love to get enough tomatoes to make salsa. Mine haven't produced very well.

Not having a kitchen does make life challenging! Hooray for a reno and I hope the time does ho by quickly on that for you.

Kirby said...

Jim Gaffigan! His set on having 4 kids had me doubled over laughing.

Billie Jo said...

Can I Please come and learn from you?
I'll bring my own tomatoes!!!!
Oh. And sleepovers? Not a fan. : )
I'm such a boring mom!

Alicia @ Sweeping Up Joy said...

How fun! I've enjoyed listening to Jim Gaffigan's books and watching his TV show. I hope you'll share some of your favorite parts. :)

Madeline said...

So jealous of all your tomatoes but I totally get not wanting to deal with it right now. I bet when you're in your beautiful new kitchen you are going to love canning up those tomatoes!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I liked the Jim Gaffigan memes. Those were great! I know, I can't believe summer is already over. Ugh...I don't feel like we did many summer type things, but oh well, there are seasons for everything. I hope the renovation is going well!

Laura Pearl said...

I'm jealous --I'd love to go to the Jim Gaffigan show! I did get to see him live once, out at Notre Dame. He is one of our family's favorite comedians (along with Brian Regan).

I love the Gaffigan memes here. They made me LOL.

It IS sad when summer ends--at least I used to think it was, when it meant that all the school schedules were starting up again for our boys.

Kelli said...

I am not big on sleepovers either!!

Love Jim Gaffigan!

Hope you are having a good week!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I could eat my weight in tomatoes! So happy you're getting through the reno....it'll be over soon. :)
With two girls, we had PLENTY of sleepovers. Sometimes the entire softball team. I love, love LOVE Jim Gaffigan!! The one about the 'in shape' people is one of my favorite lines to use at the gym. LOL