Look at me! 3 posts in one week! The kids must be back in school. :)
It's Friday and you know how I like to link up with Kelly....
1. Yesterday in my reno update, I mentioned that hopefully they would get the new windows in where the sink is going to go by the end of this week or early next week. I could hear the contractor banging around downstairs and when I went to see what he was up to I found this:
2. Yesterday while all this was going on in the house, I went next door and took care of these little beauties!
3. I posted the following picture on Facebook and Instagram but I never put it here:
Kathleen Baker! Sarah and I were cheering her on when she won her silver medal in backstroke. Her medal was unexpected and she was literally gushing on camera with excitement. It was so cute! And then she got to swim on the medley relay team and won the gold! We were so happy.
Kathleen is from Winston-Salem so she did a meet and greet last weekend before heading back to UC Berkley. It was hot and the wait was long but I think Sarah would agree that it was worth it.
And when Sarah was looking through the pictures, she zoomed in on her fingernails and realized that she had Olympic rings painted on the white nails! Leave it to Sarah to notice the nail polish! :)
4. Dan is finally home for a couple of weeks. (At least I hope!) He's home next week at least and I'm very happy about that. Basically we got home from the Cape and he's been gone almost for 3 weeks straight. He's got more trips coming up but they aren't scheduled yet so I'm just going to enjoy him while he's here! Everyone is happier when Daddy is home!
5. Since Dan was gone while Jim Gaffigan was in town, I took my BFF to the show to be my date. We had dinner before the show and enjoyed Jim. It was a good show and the best part? He came out and did his entire Hot Pocket bit as his encore! That never gets old. I was bummed when I saw on Instagram that he and his wife have decided not to do another season of his tv show. I know they are busy but darn it! I was hoping for a couple more seasons!
6.My brother's birthday was on teh 19th and we had a birthday lunch at my parent's house. I'm not sure how it started but whenever we take a picture with Brad, we have to have one where is head is cut off. I've got so many similiar pictures:
And we also usually have to take a picture where everyone is looking away from the camera:
7. My plans today are to can some salsa. I'm not using my normal recipe but I'm trying a different one. My mom had some people over for dinner and one of the women brought her a jar of homemade salsa. We opened it a couple of nights later and literally at the whole thing in under 15 minutes. It was delicious! It was sweet and spicy and I'm hoping I can get mine to taste as good as hers!
Have a great weekend y'all! And don't forget to head over to Kelly's to check out the other Quick Takers!