photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, February 26, 2016

7QT. Where Did My Littles Go?

How is it possible that it's Friday already and my list of things to do has only gotten longer?  Since it's Friday how about 7 Quick Takes?

1.  I go the email yesterday that Peter qualified to participate in the state level National Geographic Bee!!!!!  The North Carolina Bee is scheduled for Friday, April 1st.  Peter will be one of the 100 kids that qualified  from across the state to compete.

2.  The only negative is that this is the day after we get back from Ireland.  And it's in Charlotte.  Dan and I were discussing just heading to Charlotte as soon as we land and getting a hotel room.  That way we wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn Friday morning to drive to Charlotte.  After experiencing the Charlotte traffic at 3:00 in the afternoon last Friday for the Shamrock tournament, there is no way I want to deal with morning rush hour traffic!

3.  And speaking of Charlotte, we used to live there but moved here 10 years ago.  Traffic was bad then, but y'all!  It is a hot mess now!  I honestly don't think I could deal with that every day.  Although, I guess if we still lived there we wouldn't really know the difference.  It would have gradually gotten worse and we would have gradually gotten used to it. 

4. Sarah and I are enjoying the last season of American Idol.  She really loves that show and is going to be sad when it's off the air.  We still have an hour from last night's show to watch but we will get caught up tonight.  Dalton is my favorite! Are any of you guys watching?

5. Tonight our school is holding it's annual Mother/Son event.  In the past we've gone bowling but this year it's a combination of laser tag and bowling.  Peter and I have gone every year for the past 4 years.  A few friends of his went in 3rd grade and every year less of his friends went.  Last year, none of his friends went.  It was basically all elementary school kids so this year we aren't even going.  And I will admit that it makes me a little sad.  Just further proof that he's growing up.

6.  In a couple of weeks the school will hold it's Father/Daughter dance.  And for the first time in 4 years, Dan and Sarah won't be going.  Dan and Peter will be camping with the Boy Scouts.  Sarah didn't seem to care one way or the other since none of her friends were going.  I guess it's a middle school thing.  And I will admit that it makes me a little sad.  Just further proof that she's growing up.

7.  And that leads me to next weekend - the 7th and 8th grade will have their winter dance on Friday.  It was supposed to be a few weeks ago but snowy weather caused it to be postponed.  I just can't believe how fast this school year is going.  If I'm honest, I can't believe how fast it's all going!  Weren't they just toddlers driving me absolutely crazy?  And now one of them is taller than me and the other one  is asking to have her eyebrows waxed?!?!

Happy Weekend everyone!  I think I'm going to spend it trying to figure out how to make time stand still.

Don't forget to check out all the other 7QT at Kelly's.

2 comments:

Mari said...

They grow too fast, time goes too fast... and it seems to speed up the older you get!
Hooray for Peter!

Laura Pearl said...

My youngest is 23...and I still find myself asking how he got that old so fast.

Enjoy every minute with them (I'm sure you do!). And how exciting that you're going to Ireland. I have a very short bucket list, but a trip to Ireland is on it. :)