It's Friday! That must mean I'm going to pound out some Quick Takes.
Here we go.
1. Sarah had a Girl Scout Halloween party on Monday evening. She came home with a goody bag filled with candy. She looked at me and said, "Ha! Since you're on your diet and can't eat any candy I don't have to hide my Halloween candy from you this year!" And she was grinning from ear to ear.
What she doesn't realize is that even though she used to hide it, I would always find it! Ha to you Miss Smarty Pants!
2. And speaking of my diet, it's been 10 weeks since I started Atkins and I've officially lost 10 pounds. I'm averaging a pound a week. That's slower than I would like but slow and steady wins the race. Also, at a pound a week, I'm likely to keep it off. So, here's to not eating any candy this Halloween. No worries though. When I'm back to my goal weight in the spring, it will have all been worth it!
3. Today the middle school is holding their annual Visual Vocabulary Day. Each middle-schooler picks a word and dresses up like the word. They sit in rows in costume holding a sign with their word and all the elementary kids walk around learning new vocabulary words. Pretty cool, huh? I'll have pictures next week of Peter and his word.
4. Sarah loves a good selfie. I was just looking at my phone and saw these which are just a mere drop in the bucket.
6. We will be going trick-or-treating tonight. Sarah is 10 and Peter is almost 12 and I imagine they aren't going to want to go too many more years. So, I'll take a lot of pictures and enjoy every minute of walking through the neighborhood while the kids race around from house to house getting candy.
7. And this year both my kids are creepy things. I miss the early days when I could pick out whatever I wanted them to be and dress them up. Sarah and I worked on her zombie make up the other night and Peter is wearing some creepy masks. I miss my tiny purple witch and my giraffe!
Happy Halloween! I hope you get more treats than tricks and don't forget to head over to Jen's and see what everyone else is up to!