photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, October 31, 2014

7QT: Selfies and candy and diets. Oh my!

It's Friday!  That must mean I'm going to pound out some Quick Takes.

Here we go.

1.  Sarah had a Girl Scout Halloween party on Monday evening.  She came home with a goody bag filled with candy.  She looked at me and said, "Ha!  Since you're on your diet and can't eat any candy I don't have to hide my Halloween candy from you this year!"  And she was grinning from ear to ear.

What she doesn't realize is that even though she used to hide it, I would always find it!  Ha to you Miss Smarty Pants!

2.  And speaking of my diet, it's been 10 weeks since I started Atkins and I've officially lost 10  pounds.  I'm averaging a pound a week.  That's slower than I would like but slow and steady wins the race.  Also, at a pound a week, I'm likely to keep it off. So, here's to not eating any candy this Halloween.  No worries though.  When I'm back to my goal weight in the spring, it will have all been worth it!

3.  Today the middle school is holding their annual Visual Vocabulary Day.  Each middle-schooler picks a word and dresses up like the word.  They sit in rows in costume holding a sign with their word and all the elementary kids walk around learning new vocabulary words.  Pretty cool, huh?  I'll have pictures next week of Peter and his word.

4. Sarah loves a good selfie.  I was just looking at my phone and saw these which are just a mere drop in the bucket.





5.  Once in a blue moon, I will find a selfie that Peter took.


Clearly, he has a preferred pose when he chooses to selfie.

6.  We will be going trick-or-treating tonight.  Sarah is 10 and Peter is almost 12 and I imagine they aren't going to want to go too many more years.  So, I'll take a lot of pictures and enjoy every minute of walking through the neighborhood while the kids race around from house to house getting candy.

7.  And this year both my kids are creepy things.  I miss the early days when I could pick out whatever I wanted them to be and dress them up.   Sarah and I worked on her zombie make up the other night and Peter is wearing some creepy masks.  I miss my tiny purple witch and my giraffe!

Happy Halloween!  I hope you get more treats than tricks and don't forget to head over to Jen's and see what everyone else is up to!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go you on the diet! I've been holding it off for a year and a half now but it's a test all of a sudden now, as I have to take time off exercise because of pain in my feet. It's hard to hold a calorie count without exercise.

Elise said...

You go, Beth! Congrats. And hope you have a fun time with your sweet kids tonight!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love Sarah's 1st selfie pic - so cute! Have fun Trick or Treating, I love seeing all of the costumes!

Way to go on the weight loss! You are such an inspiration! I need to kick it into gear and get things under control in my own life and I am always inspired when I read your posts. I did lose a bunch of weight right after Katharine was born due to nursing, but if it is anything like my postpartum with Elizabeth, I gained some of that back after she weaned and then plateaued and I definitely need to break that cycle (not that I am weaning anything soon, but I need to start developing the good habits now.)

I digress…

Post the pics of the kids when you get a chance. Pretty please!

Madeline said...

I love their selfies! I am so impressed by your willpower to not eat the candy. I have not found my willpower yet. Soon. Happy Halloween!

Busy Bee Suz said...

A pound a week is the ideal way to do it; you're doing great!
The kids and selfies…too darn funny.
Can you imagine what ours would have looked like if we'd had the technology back then?