Friday, March 22, 2013
7 Quick Takes Friday
It's time for 7 Quick Takes Friday. My takes haven't been quick in quite a few Fridays so I will try to be brief today. Because otherwise it would be called "Let's Cram As Much Stuff As We Can Into One Post" Friday and that just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
1. Check this out:
Wrong! It's an ad for Maxwell House on a gallon of milk.
For some reason, this has annoyed me all week.
2. Peter woke up on the wrong side of the bed last Sunday. He had a bad attitude towards me all morning and was being very mouthy. Finally, in the car on the way to church I could take no more and I said, "If you don't stop being such a smart as - er, uh, um, - smart attitude boy, um you are going to lose computer privileges for a month!"
Smart attitude boy? Quick thinking is not my forte obviously but at least I was able to stop myself. And he did stop being a smart attitude boy. And Dan was able to stifle his laughter so it was a win-win.
3. I read the occasional fashion blog and I have a question. When did it stop being okay to say "trendy?" Everyone now says "on trend." Much like #1, I'm not sure why but I am highly annoyed by this. So when did it become trendy to say on-trend? Or, I guess if I want to be on-trend I should ask, "When did it become on-trend to say on trend?" Sounds so pretentious...on trend....
4. My keyboard was filthy so I got one of those cans of air and cleaned it out. The gross out factor was high - very high. Which reminds me, as soon as I'm done here, I've got to vacuum a mound of crumbs from the floor right beneath my keyboard.
5. So unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Google will be discontinuing Google Reader in July. Whatevs Google. Whatevs. I've been reading blogs so long that I was using Bloglines when they discontinued it and I was forced to start using Google Reader. So switching feed readers isn't that big of a deal except that the whole world must be trying to switch to Feedly today because I can't get that site to do anything except say "refreshing page". Perhaps I should check out bloglovin' in the meantime.
6. Peter is doing fractions in math and this week he was changing improper fractions to mixed numbers or something along those lines. I wasn't able to help him so that task fell to my husband. Because every man wants to come home at 7:00 PM and sit down and help his kid with math homework - Well, all the good ones do anyway.
7. Did I mention that three of the four of us had the stomach bug last weekend and early this week? I probably didn't because no one wants to read a blog post about that. Or the weather. Did I mention it's supposed to be cold and rainy all weekend?
Head on over to Jen's place for more 7 Quick Takes Friday!
Labels: 7 Quick Takes