photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, July 19, 2012

So why didn't they let the adults in Charlie Brown have real voices?

So I drug my husband to the Sprint store on Tuesday night with two forms of identification in tow as well as my ill-functioning phone.

I was met with "Oh, your phone is messed up too? We've seen 5 or 6 of these today."

I was told by the Sprint store associate that Samsung's newest phone is running a  4.0 operation system while my phone runs on a 2.6 operating system so they sent out an update but apparently that update had a bug in it.

And while he was yammering on about technical stuff, I stood there like Charlie Brown hearing nothing but "mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah". 

But I did hear and understand this, "Samsung is working hard with Sprint to get this bug fixed. There's nothing we can do about it here at the store."

?!@#$?!@#$%

"You mean I schlepped down here with my husband and two forms of identification and my ill-functioning phone for nothing?"

"Ummm, yes."

"How long does it normally take for them to get a bug worked out?

"Samsung is very good about things like this.  They will probably have it fixed in a week or so!"

As the associate was telling me this, he was smiling like he told me something wonderful and special and glittery.

So if you call me on my phone, I may or may not get it.  If you send me a text message, I may or may not get it. And if you send me an email while I am outside the house, I definitely won't get it.  

But there is an upside - I can still play Words With Friends!  

I guess it's true - God never gives you more than you can handle.

3 comments:

Sew a Fine Seam said...

ah bummer:( I can't handle stuff like that very well! hope it is fixed SOON.

Kimberly said...

SO I guess you still don't know who your best friend is?

deborah said...

Ahh, there's always an upside if we look hard enough.

Isn't it funny how people can act like they're telling you something wonderful and special and glittery? I loved your wording for that!